7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Bob,

I saw that rifle and was watching it too. It looked really nice!

Here's the Ended Auction. It sold for $1,525.

Custom REM 700 7mm STW Vortex Talley : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Or is this the rifle that you were talking about"

CUSTOM REM 700 7mm STW BDL BELL AND CARLSON NEW : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Gamehawker, it was the second one. I'm pretty sure the one I saw had no scope. ( boy, you don't miss a trick , do ya?) I didn't see the first one.
I've got the hankering to get " just one more". After I get my 280 done, I'm either going to build another one, or buy one.
I really want to get into fire forming 300 HH Norma brass with corn meal, no lead!
( A DBM like your dads would be cool ) !!!!! :)

I was able to get in touch with someone to give me a price range for the rifle. Pm's responded to. If you sent me a pm and I missed it in my exploded mailbox, let me know. I'll wait to hear back from the brotherhood before listing elsewhere. Thanks for the interest.

Attachments

• 20130326_183314.jpg
    20130326_183314.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 7
Gamehawker, it was the second one. I'm pretty sure the one I saw had no scope. ( boy, you don't miss a trick , do ya?) I didn't see the first one.
I've got the hankering to get " just one more". After I get my 280 done, I'm either going to build another one, or buy one.
I really want to get into fire forming 300 HH Norma brass with corn meal, no lead!
( A DBM like your dads would be cool ) !!!!! :)

Bob,

LOL, Once you really get to know me you'll see that you are right about " boy, you don't miss a trick , do ya?" :)

There is is a DBM like my Dads currently on GunBroker:

Remington 700 BDL SS DM 7MM STW cal rifle. : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

The prior DBM sold last Sunday on Gunbroker for $925.

Remington 700 BDL SS DM -B 7mm STW Engraved $1NR : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

The DBMs came originally new from the factory with two DMs.

Also, my Dad's friend bought a DBM locally from a guy and got an awesome deal for $600 (that included a Leopold 3-9x50 scope on it).

So I think there are plenty of 7mm STW DBMs floating around if you look and are patient!

Once again I'm trying to get my build pictures loaded as we speak to show the progress on my M70 build.
My new Krieger showed up today, except they messed up, I ordered a 31 inch blank for a finish length of 30" but they sent a 29 inch blank for a 28" finish length. Everything is the same as my other barrel except it's a bit heavier contour #14 vice #15 palma. HS precision shipped my custom built stock last week so it should be here any day, I'm just waiting on it to see which barrel is going to look better in the stock. Then I can lock it down, test fire it, and then flute the barrel.
I might end up fluting the bolt too, unsure at this point. The optics shipped out today for the rifle too. It's coming together.

Once again I'm trying to get my build pictures loaded as we speak to show the progress on my M70 build.
My new Krieger showed up today, except they messed up, I ordered a 31 inch blank for a finish length of 30" but they sent a 29 inch blank for a 28" finish length. Everything is the same as my other barrel except it's a bit heavier contour #14 vice #15 palma. HS precision shipped my custom built stock last week so it should be here any day, I'm just waiting on it to see which barrel is going to look better in the stock. Then I can lock it down, test fire it, and then flute the barrel.
I might end up fluting the bolt too, unsure at this point. The optics shipped out today for the rifle too. It's coming together.

What optics did you get?

Ok my phone stopped being a pain so here's some more pictures of the build process. Mainly getting the action ready. Here's some pictures (as requested) of the jig I built to true the bolt face as well as the jig for lapping the lugs. The end picture is the action trued and fitted PTG bottom metal with the Wyatts magazine. There's 4 rounds in the pictures for size comparison but it will actually allow 4+1 without much effort. If I cared enough I could build an extended floor plate for the bottom metal and get 5+1 but if I can't get it done with 1 or 2 rds, then something went bad wrong.

20130320_191618.jpg

20130320_191609.jpg

20130320_191131.jpg

20130313_210744.jpg

oops forgot one more. This is milling the bottom of the receiver to accept the longer Wyatts box.

20130313_192401.jpg

I was able to get in touch with someone to give me a price range for the rifle. Pm's responded to. If you sent me a pm and I missed it in my exploded mailbox, let me know. I'll wait to hear back from the brotherhood before listing elsewhere. Thanks for the interest.

What do you want for the Vortex?

Ok my phone stopped being a pain so here's some more pictures of the build process. Mainly getting the action ready. Here's some pictures (as requested) of the jig I built to true the bolt face as well as the jig for lapping the lugs. The end picture is the action trued and fitted PTG bottom metal with the Wyatts magazine. There's 4 rounds in the pictures for size comparison but it will actually allow 4+1 without much effort. If I cared enough I could build an extended floor plate for the bottom metal and get 5+1 but if I can't get it done with 1 or 2 rds, then something went bad wrong.

20130320_191618.jpg

20130320_191609.jpg

20130320_191131.jpg

20130313_210744.jpg
Looks great......Really like the jig

OK Folks I recently did some trading with a member of LRH and i ended up with a 7mm stw in savage model 112 with a stainless 26'' barrel and a blued action with a synthetic stock and adjustible trigger. i have never seen one but it is a cool rifle . it has never been fired and i have not had a chance to take it out yet but i did do some home work and found that i cant load anything longer than 3.600 because of the magazine and if i load the berger 168 grain it would be a mile from the rifling . I think i measured it at 3.86 or somewhere right in there.
what would you guys suggest ?