Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5027.jpeg
IMG_5026.jpeg
IMG_5025.jpeg
IMG_5024.jpeg
IMG_5023.jpeg

Disclaimer: I don't own a Creedmoor.

The '6.5 Creedmoor hype bro' is a straw man. I've been scouring the internet for nearly a decade attempting to find this guy so that I can demean and belittle him for his false beliefs and exaggeration of what it's capable of.
Despite all my efforts, all I've found are rational, level headed shooters that value the cartridge on its merits. And in the meantime come across hundreds (maybe thousands) of guys obsessed with hating on Creedmoor. Most seem to be .3sl0w8 acolytes who are insecure and concerned that their precious foothold on short action supremacy is being eroded and displaced by a more modern chambering that's actually purpose built.

I agree with this

But also, get it together! Don't you know!!!!???? The best 6.5mm is a 30 caliber! Best 7mm is a 30 caliber too! It's the only caliber!!! Best version of any given cartridge case is the one necked to .30 caliber!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Creedmoor shooters are just a quiet accuracy minded group of competent shooters who know a jewel when they see one.
It's the insecure haters who bog the internet down with meaningless diatribe, because they missed the cartridge of the century that are truly funny. If they could just stop the babble, they might not miss the ship the next time it comes in. But I doubt it....
A wise man once said, people tend to hate what they don't fully understand.

Mine cured cancer, did my taxes, and made a dent in world peace.

Anecdotally my last honda civic took a cow Moose that only made it a few steps... Sadly it was not a controlled expansion honda civic and didn't retain its weight on expansion. Sadly was never able to try it on aoudad guess I'll have to use the 6.5 creed....
Is there a political component to "IT's" prowess?

Up until recently I've never had any experience with any 6.5 cartridges,but a few months ago I come across a 6.5-06 and have to admit it's a pretty sweet caliber. Shoots very well, and the recoil is nothing I use 129gr. 140gr and 143gr this Mauser action loves all three. Deer varments and occasionally a pig and seems to be the ticket. I'm sure it will do more, but I have other rifles for other things and after shooting a 7mmMag, 300 RUM and a 8 mm magnum, the 6.5-06 it's pretty sweet and enjoyable. I'm sure it has its limits but it's perfect for what I need it for. Enjoy what you shoot.

The creedmoor does one thing better than most other calibers. It makes poor to average shooters a better more accurate shooter. Why recoil recoil recoil recoil recoil recoil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The flinching stops and the round is big enough to get the job done at a range that is considered ethical!

I just didn't understand all the not really negative comments about the Creedmoor's. The comments are more so "COMIC".
I think that the older - not age - but shooters that have been shooting the .308 Winchester cartridge "CASE" with the 7mm08, .260 Rem, .243, Win, .25 Supere all the same case and just a different caliber. And the 6mm Rem.
These manufactures lost sight in marketing and utilizing longer heavier bullets to match the cartridge.

Then Creedmoor came in and copied the .308 Win with just a few minor changes with the cartridge but faster barrel twist from manufactures.
I think that the Creedmoors are good cartridges, but they are all less than the cartridges they copied. Good marketing and products sells!!!

Now that the Creedmoor has taken over is it hard for the "Older" shooters of the .308 Case to accept. They make it a Comic for anyone the shoot a Creed.
Personally i am a .260 shooter and always will be. Head to Head the .260 out preforms the 6.5 Creed, BUT not by much.
Manufactures have to constantly be putting out new products so they can sell more.

Look at all the new cartridges that came out the last 20 years then the last 10 years. If you look at them, they are mostly copies of another cartridge with just another name -especially the AI Croud then the PRC and PRC-AI and then so many other shooters trying to make their name on Wild Cat Cartridge. How many cartridges have nearly the same ballistics Appels to Appels with powder and bullet weight.
Always wanting the new shinny penny!!!

Give you a good example of marketing. If you Bow Hunt there is new Bow that comes out every year before Bow Season for almost every bow Manufacture. It comes down that they tell you-- you get 5fps faster or 2-db. I can take my Mathews Outback that I bought 20 years ago and shoot a Deer or Elk or Bear and kill them just the same as the newest Mathew Bow today.

I do have to admit that I never saw more funny posts about shooters that own a CREED!!!! In fact never saw any other manufacture of cartridge made fun of. Only the CREED.

I will say I have no need for the creed but think it's been a great thing honestly and it's not going to fade away, ever. It hits a sweet spot of extreme low recoil, high bc bullets of sufficient mass for general hunting as well, and there is something about that case geometry that lends itself to easy accuracy and it's very efficient - not that it's unique, there are many other cartridges in that size range that do about the same thing but this is the one that caught on BECAUSE IT WAS EXECUTED PROPERLY THE FIRST TIME (in regards to twist rates, OAL and mag lengths, etc…) AND MARKETED WELL, AND FULLY SUPPORTED BY ITS CREATOR COMPANY FROM DAY ONE. It doesn't do anything the .260 rem or 6.5x47 or 6,5x55 can't. But it has far superior support and options available that make it a no brainer for most anyone after a cartridge of this power range - and so much more is the case for the many people out there that don't handload.

I suspect this group is biased against it a bit more than the general shooting community not only because we're a long range hunting group that has more use for significantly more powerful cartridges, and not only because many people on here are "old guys" who are still in love with belted magnums (this younger guy likes his too haha), but because the overwhelming majority of us are hand loaders. If you roll your own there's a lot less appeal to the 6.5 creed: or rather, most if not all of the disadvantages to it's less supported competitors melt away, and it's just one option and not necessarily the best one.

Well…..there ya go ruining a perfectly good thread with logic, common sense, and a "dash" of reality! 🤬 memtb

Status
Not open for further replies.