6.5 Grendal

I had the exact same howa, it was great I just wanted the cz more. Now I hunt with a cz 527 16" and a larue ar15 18"

I would have preferred the Cz as well as they unobtainium I went with the Howa HB for $440 did not think it was a bad price considering the Cz is twice that on GB. Since you had both what how much nicer is the Cz?

So I loved my howa and I had it first. I left the trigger as is, it was good enough. I had to sand the barrel channel on the howa cause it would touch if I loaded the bipod. I tried a bell and Carlson stock for the howa but it actually opened up my groups compared to the factory stock. The longer barrel out of the howa can get you into some better speeds. I have a load worked up with 100gr Barnes ttsx 30.1gr tac and it was 2700fps in the howa and 2640 in the cz, that being said my cz is 4" shorter. I think the cz factory stock is nicer, the set trigger is fun to play with. My howa would shoot at best 3 shots 3/4" @100 but it hated Hornady ammo. The cz seems to be able to shoot a little tighter and shoots all the ammo I've found really well and it's easier to tune for. I don't think a howa is a bad choice at all, I'd be tempted to get another at the $440 price, I bought this off a friend and paid $800.

Edit: I'm also just a sucker for the mini mauser action.

Thank you for the info, if I could pick up a Cz for that I would, I'm a big Cz 75 pistol fan and I'm sure I would love the 527 grendel as well. I have only seen some pop up on GB and they are more than what you paid. I have dies ordered and will work up some loads with lever and xbr and 123 eld's. The dealer I got it from still has is it stock for $440 message me if you want and I will tell you not sure about the rules posting to non supporting dealers.

I love all my CZs except one. I hate to say if but I could not get the 527 I had in the Grendel to shoot anything I tried. I may have and hope that I had a Lemmon but it kinda turned me off the that caliber I hate to say🙁

I have owned 5 CZ 527's over the years and everyone shot at .5 Had a 527 in the 17 Remington that shot better than the 17 Remington in the Cooper. My 17 Hornet with 12.5 gr of N-120 and the 20gr Nosler shoots under .5 with a muzzle velocity at 3827 Had a .221 Fireball that shot the 30gr Berger under .5 and two 22 Hornets. One stayed a 22 Hornet and one became a 22 K Hornet............... Thats why I would like to get a 6.5 Grendel or try the CZ 570 in the 6.5 Creedmoor. The way ALL the CZ's shot makes it really hard to justify spending thousands more on a custom build...... Wish CZ made the 570 in the 6mm Creedmoor

the cost on the 308 I just ordered is 1450$, I'll report on the bottom metal
A little more than I had hoped, with $1699 msrp not bad. The mini actions have had plastic bottom metal, not sure it that is with all the 1500 SA, LA. What was the eta on your .308? I emailed Howa asking about the grendal elevate I could not find it for sale anywhere just coming soon.