308 win Norma ammo review

jessej

A few of us purchased some of this earlier this year and there was a thread on it. I could not find it to continue.
I finally had a chance to put some on paper in a kids rifle last week. He hasn't got the opportunity to shoot a deer with them yet, but hopefully soon. I can say they do well on paper. Rifle is a ruger american (18") with a low end vortex. The only modification to the rifle is muzzle brake. My lab radar indicated about 200 fps less than stated on the box, with SD of 25 fps. 100 yard target. Will continue with more pics when we Have a deer or swine on the ground.
0343AF56-0FB6-468B-BDA7-FA1FAB2E2D0D.jpeg
B3D035A7-36EA-481C-A54B-A1B82DECB4FD.jpeg

Glad those work for you. I bought some of the bondstrike ammo for my 300wsm. It was not anything to write home about -- it shot about 2 moa for me, I got my reloads down to 1/2 moa in the same rifle.

BUT -- the nice thing was I got it on sale and the loaded ammo was cheaper than buying just norma brass--- so I shoot mine for the brass.

I have heard that the sp ammo is generally pretty good in the accuracy department-- I wonder if they use fb bullets?

I'll pull one and find out.

I this type (bulk cheap) ammo for 200 yard and in kids hunting ammo, and for magazine dumping in sounders of swine at night with thermal.