338 Norma Review By Ward W. Brien

Are you using a muzzle brake on the 338 ? If so what scope are you using?I have a 338 rum and I am looking for a good long range hunting scope that will hold up to the recoil. Price range up to two grand with a plex reticle?
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
hunt70

I have a Holland Style brake I machined myself and installed on the .338 Norma Mag I made, I use the Sightron SIII 8-32x56 with the MOA crosshairs. its held up under recoil and tracks very well. But any good quality scope is going to hold up just fine.

Did you guys buy reamers for the 338 Norma. If you did... What are the specs and who made it? Tried to get one from ptg but it seems there wasn't much info on it and he called it the 338usa.

I have a GAP built 338 Norma I shoot 300 grain bergers @2725 mv out of a 24 inch barrel
I load 88.3 grains of Retumbo with Federal 215 match primmers extremely accurate load ,really fond of cartridge and rifle.
Very good review
Thanks Jack Woods

Hello,this is my first time in a chat session so bear with me. My reason for joining you today is with a question. Is the 338 Norma cartridge you refer to the same as the 338Norma rogue 37 degree?

This is a thread for discussion of the article, 338 Norma Review , By Ward W. Brien. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Hellow fellow shooters. Could anyone please direct me where I can buy reamers precise to Mr.Sloans specifications for 333 Norma Magnum and for 300 Norma Magnum.
Thanks a lot!

Dear WWB : please direct me where I can buy reamers precise to Mr.Sloans specifications for 333 Norma Magnum and for 300 Norma Magnum.
Thanks a lot!

I'm reluctant to recommend a company that makes reamers & suggest you contact your gunsmith.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts