30 NOSLER OR 300 PRC

That is low, everyone I've set up I run H1000 with 215's and the upper node for the brass is 3120 fps then back it of in the 3050 for the lower. 25-26 inch barrels.

STOKED for adg brass though!!

I keep hearing this. Sounds like I got a slow (tight) barrel from Broughton. Speed potential was the very reason I went with them again. Last barrel was fast.
Never again, had already decided against it after the **** poor customer experience I had on this barrel. Forgot to mention...I'm HBN coating barrel and bullets too!
Jesse

I keep hearing this. Sounds like I got a slow (tight) barrel from Broughton. Speed potential was the very reason I went with them again. Last barrel was fast.
Never again, had already decided against it after the ---- poor customer experience I had on this barrel. Forgot to mention...I'm HBN coating barrel and bullets too!
Jesse
Ya, usually the Broughton are fast, I've used Rock Creek on everything for quite awhile. Look at your chamber finish too, if it's rough you'll be running slow based on bolt swipe and lift.

Ya, usually the Broughton are fast, I've used Rock Creek on everything for quite awhile. Look at your chamber finish too, if it's rough you'll be running slow based on bolt swipe and lift.

What are the charges of H1000 that are getting you those speeds? I'm running 2.840" cbto which is somewhere around 3.630" OAL. 79.3 grains.
Jesse

I'll measure when I go out to the shop but I'm longer, 84.5 gr and 82 gr.

Wow.
Yeah I'm not even close on charge. The strange thing is that my ejector marks are very pronounced but they are not protruding like one would expect. They're actually inset. You can skim a file across the case head and it doesn't touch the extractor swipe. That I haven't ran into before.
Jesse

215s touch in my two SAAMI chambers at 2.800 and 2.780. I have no problem getting to the 3050 node but can not get to the next.

I have worked up the numbers on the .300 Win and the PRC, I really can't see that much difference between the two to justify the cost... bullets, loaded Ammo, and crappy brass. The 208 ELD and H 1000 is a hard combo to beat in the Win mag...

Wow.
Yeah I'm not even close on charge. The strange thing is that my ejector marks are very pronounced but they are not protruding like one would expect. They're actually inset. You can skim a file across the case head and it doesn't touch the extractor swipe. That I haven't ran into before.
Jesse
You could have a sharp edge on the ejector hole

Is that with n570

H1000, Retumbo, or N570. Obviously the N570 is at the lowest pressure. I have tried with and without HBN. I am still undecided as to weather HBN is worth it. I can get to that node with or without it but can not get to the next node with it. 26" barrels. I have not noticed a difference in brass life.

For me the 30N and the 300prc are so close to each other in design and capacity it comes down to whether your a reloader or if you want to shoot factory ammo and what manufactures end up making brass for each of them. Hornady has definitely made some good decisions on there there specs with regards to coal.

Recent Posts