25 PRC

LiveToHunt7

Looking to see if anyone is running a 25 PRC. Looking for load data (thinking the Berger 133's) and the process you used to get brass necked down (which dies, did you neck turn, etc). I have 100 pieces of ADG 6.5 PRC brass.

Thank you.

I'm just getting rolling on one. PBB barrel on a Tikka. Hornady 6.5 PRC bushing die with a .284 bushing. Lube and run through the die and done. Using Lapua brass, I don't turn necks unless the chamber is cut for it. I have started with Berger 133's and N565. Other powders to consider, Retumbo, 7828, H1k, R26. There was a little data from Broz. over on LRO.
I like to get 100 rounds fired before any serious load work up. I fired the first 10 today. I'll try to update as I progress.

I have a 22" carbon six sendero barrel. Only 104 down the tube. 6.5 PRC ADG brass necked down in a Redding 6.5PRC full length type s bushing die and then mandrel. 57.5 grains of N565 with a Berger 133 is avg 3050FPS with CCI BR2.

Mine is on a Kratos action, but I am moving it to a Terminus LA Zeus QC. I have an 18" barrel I will be chambering as well. Wanted something even shorter for my suppressor. Took a deer with it in Michigan in November. It's a fun gun to shoot. Originally I had it on BDL, but I just purchased Hawkins Hunter DBM and mag to run it.

Edit: The barrel was chambered by Straight Jacket Armory.

Last edited:

This has some info

Recent Posts