Saskatchewan Bears 2024

Did not weigh it but the hide with minimal flesh/fat on it weighs 79# according to Air Canada lol. I got it on the last day so we were rushing to get it cleaned cooled and packed for the flight back to the lower 48 today. I do have a trail cam pic of the bear for a live comparison. Not a tall bear but massive in both length and width. Soon as I get it to the taxidermist I will post the measurements.
As a Canadian…my condolences for having to deal with Air Canada!! 🤣

Did not weigh it but the hide with minimal flesh/fat on it weighs 79# according to Air Canada lol. I got it on the last day so we were rushing to get it cleaned cooled and packed for the flight back to the lower 48 today. I do have a trail cam pic of the bear for a live comparison. Not a tall bear but massive in both length and width. Soon as I get it to the taxidermist I will post the measurements.

That bear is THICK!

Whereabouts were you in Saskatchewan?

Gotta admit we see them all the time up here. EXTREMELY HAPPY that you are coming up to take care of them. Not sure what the population is like but it wasn't unusual for us to see 10-12 bears per day while out elk hunting. They love to lie in the canola swaths and eat. They just lie down and moe their head to the side and eat. Come to think of it... I'm envious... I try and do it on the couch and the wife gives me schite!!!

Lol.... well instead of waiting in airport... I'm waiting for a rain storm to pass so I can go catch some walleye for supper and pike to candy.

Attachments

• IMG_20240520_154548.jpg
    IMG_20240520_154548.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 35
And I have to agree with Calvin45...

You don't need much patience in a hunting blind up here... but travelling via Air Canada... waiting for them is like watching a trophy bear on the other side of a lake and you don't have a boat. There's an equal chance of that bear swimming across the lake right to you as an Air Canada flight arriving in time for your connection!!!

Ok... if you come up bear hunting... make sure some you save some time for spring walleye and pike fishing. Anybody can catch fish this timeout the year lol. Limited out in both in 1.5 hrs and was throwing back 4-6 lb walleye and pike.

But now the **** work begins. Sheesh. Just wanted a rum and coke!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240520_204736.jpg
    IMG_20240520_204736.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240520_204638.jpg
    IMG_20240520_204638.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 17
And I have to agree with Calvin45...

You don't need much patience in a hunting blind up here... but travelling via Air Canada... waiting for them is like watching a trophy bear on the other side of a lake and you don't have a boat. There's an equal chance of that bear swimming across the lake right to you as an Air Canada flight arriving in time for your connection!!!
Air Canada is better now than they were before
Westjet is a bigger problem

Ok... if you come up bear hunting... make sure some you save some time for spring walleye and pike fishing. Anybody can catch fish this timeout the year lol. Limited out in both in 1.5 hrs and was throwing back 4-6 lb walleye and pike.

But now the **** work begins. Sheesh. Just wanted a rum and coke!!!!

Man do I love fresh trout. I've got some great cast bullet trout loads for my rifle! Primarily for small stream "fishing" though! 😉 memtb