.223 vs 5.56 which is better for hunting

Yes there are detailed instructions for building an AR . Torque specs to be followed for a reason most barrel nuts have a range for the torque . I've seen barrel nuts that were just hand tight and they wondered why it wouldn't stay sighted in . True the upper receiver before you start your build use the proper vice blocks and for me I like a clamp on gas block so it doesn't add any stress to the barrel on just one side . As for a chamber I like the Wylde in a 20" barrel running one in 8 or 9 twist and heaver bullets . For deer I'm a fan of 243 and up for bear I think 30 cal. and up something about me being lunch just doesn't set well with me . I don't think I would recommend the 7.62x39 for bear but then the guys up north do go out for polar bears with a 223 each to their own .

Neither a .223 or a 5.56 is appropriate for deer & bears IMO. If you're committed to an AR15 I'd give the 458 SOCOM some consideration. Better yet would be an AR10 in your choice of cartridges, 6.5 Creed, .308, etc.
Your wrong I have shot many deer with a bolt action 223 calibers.

also check your own state's hunting laws.
For Colorado, there is a minimum caliber for big game

from here: https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/RulesRegs/Regulations/Ch02.pdf

"Rifles using center-fire cartridges of .24 caliber or larger, having expanding bullets of at least seventy (70) grains in weight, except for elk and moose where the minimum bullet weight is eighty-five (85) grains, and with a rated impact energy one hundred (100) yards from the muzzle of at least one thousand (1000) foot pounds as determined by the manufacturer's rating, and except for mountain lion where any center-fire rifle using bullets of at least 45 grains and producing at least 400 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle may be used. Provided further that any semiautomatic rifle used shall not hold more than six (6) rounds in the magazine and chamber combined. A fully automatic rifle is prohibited"

Your wrong I have shot many deer with a bolt action 223 calibers.
Yeah - and an acquaintance of mine shoots his deer in the back of their heads with a 22 rimfire. Bang - flop. No matter how many deer he kills that way it still doesn't make the 22rf an appropriate choice for deer or bears, as was the original question.

Yeah - and an acquaintance of mine shoots his deer in the back of their heads with a 22 rimfire. Bang - flop. No matter how many deer he kills that way it still doesn't make the 22rf an appropriate choice for deer or bears, as was the original question.
I mean, he said your opinion is wrong. Even without the proper spelling or punctuation, this was humorous to read. Because, you know, opinions are EXACTLY like facts in that they are either right or wrong (depending on who they belong to 🤣 ).

I have shot several deer and a ton of big hogs with my .223 and haven't lost one year. Several of both dropped in their tracks. I load a 64 grain Sierra GameKing with 25 grains of Varget. I think the .224 is just fine for deer but I wouldn't try and take one at longer distances with it.
I wouldn't even think about trying a bear with my .223.

I've killed a lot of deer with a 223 - mostly an AR platform. All were head/neck shots to thin the heard on state regulated properties.

I wouldn't be dragging one around for a trophy hunt though.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.