2023 Elk Tags Drawn

Utah was good to me.
Utah2023bull.jpg

I got a surprise call from the Jicarilla Fish and Game folks recently and was told my buddy and I got Cow tags after all! The hunt starts 17 Dec, so it's going to be a cold hunt. I hunted that time frame a few years ago there and it was in low single digit cold each morning. I'm going to try a 7mm PRC for a change.

Well finally my hunt came and ended after 2 hours. This bull finally gave me a shot at 563 yards. There are so many hunters here it is ridiculous! I was about to shoot a bull when 3 hunters walked right by me! What the heck was that!? who does that? Not the biggest bull but it had a lot of cool character

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 51
Well finally my hunt came and ended after 2 hours. This bull finally gave me a shot at 563 yards. There are so many hunters here it is ridiculous! I was about to shoot a bull when 3 hunters walked right by me! What the heck was that!? who does that? Not the biggest bull but it had a lot of cool character
That thing is sweet!!!

That's a very unique animal, as you said, "a lot of cool character"!

Congratulations! memtb