2023 Elk Tags Drawn

That's awesome. I've only been applying for points this year because I don't see any way I'll have enough time this fall to hunt. I have two years left of kids in the house, so I better focus my attention on them while I can. I'm looking forward to reading all the hunt recaps later this year.
I only had 4 preference points... so I was shocked! It's all happening during my wife's birthday, she isn't happy....

Wanted to start a thread for those lucky enough to draw a 2023 Elk tag.

I am not sure how but Drew a AZ Rifle, Late Elk tag for unit 27. Pretty stoked on it
Hey, congrats on pulling a bull rifle tag. Even the late bull tags are really tough to pull anymore. If you haven't hunted that late hunt before be prepared for very cold weather and mud. Look for fresh tracks to locate areas where elk are moving in. All the elk will be very nocturnal, even the cows and calves. If you can locate a bedding area you will be in really good shape. Thats where you can possibly get a setup on one. You might catch some moving just before daylight are right at dark. It's not an easy hunt but you can find them. If you have areas where you long distance glass, being on your glass before sunup can uncover some movement. Good luck, I hope you find a giant.