2023 Elk Tags Drawn

Well finally my hunt came and ended after 2 hours. This bull finally gave me a shot at 563 yards. There are so many hunters here it is ridiculous! I was about to shoot a bull when 3 hunters walked right by me! What the heck was that!? who does that? Not the biggest bull but it had a lot of cool character
Congrats, super cool!!!

Nine day late season Manti unit. On the mountain 3 days early. In the Springbar by myself w/o any connectivity for 9 days. Missed the biggest bull of my life on day 4. Storm drove me off the mountain day 6 of the hunt. Changed areas having been given a tip about this guy and 2 other bulls hanging with him; one larger. Ninth day caught this guy and another bull heading to bed. An hour later got lucky and found him through a small opening in the trees, bedded in an old JP forest. The B2P (Built 2 Perfection) 300 PRC with the new Barnes Bullets Vor-Tx LR ammo in 300 PRC/208 gr LRX hit him 3x; first in his bed. He stood....hit him again.....he stood there still.....3rd round put him down at 790 yds.

Hope the link works 'cause I'm not sure about how to post a picture.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zQeSDBFrfmMb8rp8A

Attachments

• 40 yr bull Ron and Mike Gagon.jpg
    40 yr bull Ron and Mike Gagon.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: