12GA Rounds for Grizz?

I tend to agree with you sir, I have shot 000 in 3 and 3.5 inch and it has a devastating effect on what ever is on the receiving end, a couple of the hogs I've shot with those shells were over 400lbs and it was like they were pole axed.
You've never killed an actual 400# hog let alone "a couple" that weren't fully domesticated. What an over exaggeration. It would be similar to stating that you have taken "a couple" of 220"+ whitetail that were free range. They just don't get that big that often if at all.

You've never killed an actual 400# hog let alone "a couple" that weren't fully domesticated. What an over exaggeration. It would be similar to stating that you have taken "a couple" of 220"+ whitetail that were free range. They just don't get that big that often if at all.
You may be correct sir, but you may not be correct, 350 lb hogs are fairly common all over Texas and the 400 lb hogs while not common do exist and they may be crossed with domestic stock.
The photo below is just 1 of several we have taken that meet or exceed the 400lb over exaggeration sir. The gentlemen in the photo weighs in at a little less than 280lbs, just for comparison of dimensions. There may be some domestication in his lineage as there is with all the feral hogs in Texas.

Attachments

• Big Hog Down.jpg
    Big Hog Down.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 53
No Buckshot for Bear Period any buckshot !
Brenneke Orginal Slug is what we use in Alaska for polar bear / Grizzly / Black and Brown Bear.
Buck Shot is for humans and Bucks !

No Buckshot for Bear Period any buckshot !
Brenneke Orginal Slug is what we use in Alaska for polar bear / Grizzly / Black and Brown Bear.
Buck Shot is for humans and Bucks !
I've hunted bears in Alaska for 45yrs.

Tungsten buckshot in the chamber. Brenneke slugs in the 870 magazine.

Another "exception" to the "rules".

No Exception Sorry !
No Buckshot for Bear even in NC !
And most "Big No" in Alaska
The last thing you need is a wounded bear with a buckshot wound .

25 pages of assumptions! How many of the posters have ever really faced a charging Grizzly?
there hasn;t been wild Grizzly bears in Kentucky in the last 200 years

If the world was mine, and I had Elon musk money I'd do a 6 month ad campaign in all the big cities about some made up lack of bio diversity causing cancer. Or linking brown bears to lgbtqis+ acceptance and diversity, because you know "science". Then I'd use my private jet to tranquilize all problem bears in rural Alaska and use my jet to drop them off in or near big civic centers. Start with central park, then the hills between San Jose and half moon bay. Then Seattle, Portland, Atlanta and maybe the Chicago suburbs. Call everyone that complained about bear attacks in Central Park a "bigot", and launch big carnivores back into the wild in cities first. Kinda the opposite of the wolves. Eventually some of the animals will work their way east and south and the good folks of Kentucky will know the joy of big bears tearing up your garbage cans.....

In all seriousness, the nature of where I live means I have three phone contacts in my current phone who have scars caused by bears. Two brown bears, and one black bear. Black bear nailed him off his bike while he was moving at a decent clip, he was so unaware of what caused the bike wreck it took him a second to realize it was a bear. It beat him up a bit and then took off, he'd inadvertently biked between a mama and cubs. Another was a fellow walking up a stream who jumped a sow on a cut, he had a rifle and bear spray but she closed the gap so quick he had time for neither. As he described it she bit him in the thigh and pitched him over her shoulder like a dog flings a chew toy and then her and her cubs disappeared in the alders. Other was rolled off a deer he'd shot on the south end of the island.

As a kid in the village I was a part of some bear self defense kills, none were movie esque type moments. In other instances you'd have to of been Bob Munden quick to have made a gun much use. All that to say, I'd take any gun even a 12 gsuge with buckshot over sticks, rocks and yelling.

Another reason not to use Buckshot
If you assisting or someone else is assisting during a attack the last thing you need is to shoot buckshot trying to shoot a bear off of you or someone else.

If the world was mine, and I had Elon musk money I'd do a 6 month ad campaign in all the big cities about some made up lack of bio diversity causing cancer. Or linking brown bears to lgbtqis+ acceptance and diversity, because you know "science". Then I'd use my private jet to tranquilize all problem bears in rural Alaska and use my jet to drop them off in or near big civic centers. Start with central park, then the hills between San Jose and half moon bay. Then Seattle, Portland, Atlanta and maybe the Chicago suburbs. Call everyone that complained about bear attacks in Central Park a "bigot", and launch big carnivores back into the wild in cities first. Kinda the opposite of the wolves. Eventually some of the animals will work their way east and south and the good folks of Kentucky will know the joy of big bears tearing up your garbage cans.....

In all seriousness, the nature of where I live means I have three phone contacts in my current phone who have scars caused by bears. Two brown bears, and one black bear. Black bear nailed him off his bike while he was moving at a decent clip, he was so unaware of what caused the bike wreck it took him a second to realize it was a bear. It beat him up a bit and then took off, he'd inadvertently biked between a mama and cubs. Another was a fellow walking up a stream who jumped a sow on a cut, he had a rifle and bear spray but she closed the gap so quick he had time for neither. As he described it she bit him in the thigh and pitched him over her shoulder like a dog flings a chew toy and then her and her cubs disappeared in the alders. Other was rolled off a deer he'd shot on the south end of the island.

As a kid in the village I was a part of some bear self defense kills, none were movie esque type moments. In other instances you'd have to of been Bob Munden quick to have made a gun much use. All that to say, I'd take any gun even a 12 gsuge with buckshot over sticks, rocks and yelling.
Can you drop a few off at Lisa Murkowski and Nancy Pelosi house !

Another reason not to use Buckshot
If you assisting or someone else is assisting during a attack the last thing you need is to shoot buckshot trying to shoot a bear off of you or someone else.

I've patterned a lot of buckshot out of a myriad of shotguns as growing up we often had a shotgunner when calling coyotes. Maybe our choke patterns were way tighter, but the range it took to get pellets to spread wider than a paper plate were far enough a bear is no longer my problem.