105 hunting vld for.243

Booney

Base of the Bluemountains aka Gods Country
i was just wondering if anyone has shot rock chucks or anything thing soft with these and what kind of expansion you are getting at extended ranges? Muzzle velocity is 3200 hoping for good expansion out to at least 800 yard let me know your experience thanks.

I shot an armadillo at 497 yards with a 105 a max and it did not blow him up. I didn't go check him out to see how big a hole he had in him.

i was just wondering if anyone has shot rock chucks or anything thing soft with these and what kind of expansion you are getting at extended ranges? Muzzle velocity is 3200 hoping for good expansion out to at least 800 yard let me know your experience thanks.

I have shot prairie dogs with the 105 vld's and they didn't expand and ricochet across the prairie. Was using a 6br. I now use 87 Vmax and get real good expansion and a much flatter trajectory.

Booney,
I've used 105 Amex in my re-barreled Weatherby MkV Varmitmaster (.22-250 to 6mm XC) with fine accuracy, but as a long range chuck popper, it just makes holes I think something in the 80gr range would serve you much better. The flyer was me.
6XC Varmintmaster .22-250 re barrel 023.jpg
.224 Wby 6XC Varmintmaster with .22-250 Mk take barrel 004.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.