Team Hammer in Africa 2024

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Time has come, we are about ready to Hammer Africa 2024. This year the team comprises of me, my wife Jill, my son Tyler, our friend Jeff, our friends Shaun and Brenda. My son in laws parents. The Holtmeyer team is not going to make it for this one. They had a new member that was born a couple of months ago that changed their plans. Not a bad thing, but we will miss having them there.

Weapons for this trip are as follows. I will bring a 500 Jeffery running 450gr Shock Hammers at 2700 fps and 17 Hornet running 21gr Hammer Hunters running at 3650 fps. Jill will be bringing the 20" barreled 6.5 BeanMore running the 112gr Hammer HHT at 3130 fps. Tyler will be bringing his 300 wm running the 182gr Hammer HHT at 3300 fps and the 36 Nosler running a 242gr Hammer HHT prototype running at 3075 fps. Jeff will bring his 30-06 running the 154gr Hammer HHT at 3100 fps. Shaun will be running 300 Wby with the 138gr Hammer HHT at a bit over 3650 fps. And Brenda is running the 270 Win with the 122gr Hammer HHT at 3300 fps. I think that is correct vel for the 270 win. Animals on the list for the team will be from cape buffalo down to meerkat. Collectively about 30 animals is my guess for this trip.

I always have a tough time updating while we are there but I am going to try and make an effort to stay on top of it this year. Our first day of hunting should be on Monday as long as we get to camp early enough for an evening hunt. Going to re zero the Jeff today because I had to replace the scope yesterday. That rifle has been a bit of a curse from the start! Wrong stock for the amount of recoil and wound having to intstall a brake in order to be able to manage it without getting the crap kicked out of me. Actually Jeff pretty much whipped my butt! I can manage him now, but still a handful.

36 Nosler, 6.5 Beanmore, and 17 Hornet Hammer goodness ready to go.
IMG-20240429-WA0000.jpg

Just shot Jeff again. Got him nicely zeroed but now he doesn't want to eject the spent case! I'm telling you he is a demon! After adding the brake it was causing a bit of scope slip, so I added a 3rd ring and the brass is just catching on it and knocking it back into the mag well. Now a little alteration of the ring and we should be in business.