What bullet for a 243?

1646EC5D-AEF1-4D6B-B766-DBBB386B5646.jpeg

I agree all the way with you on "unfinicky gun". I used to have a "grumish" bucket of odds and ends 243 stuff laying around and my 788 would just eat em up, always within an inch. 75gr Vmax and 41gr varget is my go to coyote round. For myself it has been pretty good on coyote pelts since I started using it. I also like Sierra Match 70gr HP. They have always shot well and have been rather fur friendly.

I've used the 55 nosler BT, Berger 95 VLD, and Hornady 100 SPBT interlock. The 55 is fun to shoot on varmints as its a laser beam. The Bergers shoot the best but the Hornady's aren't far behind. The 55 is dynamite on the dogs so I have ended up shying away from it and using the others. I don't sell pelts but do like to tan them. I've also picked up smaller varmint guns which all but eliminated the 55 BT from use in the .243.

Surprised nobody mentioned the old standby 85 grain Sierra HPBT Gameking.
Another bullet I love to shoot but the weight is getting to the point of pass through on coyotes. Not fur friendly but shot a few deer with them with great results.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.