Zeiss Hunting App Frustration - Won't let me save settings...keeps defaulting

Agar426

I was editing the profile for my 6.5-300 in the Zeiss Ballistic App (I have a Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18x50 on it), and for the past several years, I've been able to edit the profiles.....sight in distance, ammo choices, etc. etc. I mounted the scope yesterday, and was using my dad's machinist's calipers to try to get an accurate distance from the scope tube to the top of the bolt, so I could get an accurate "Height above bore" measurement for the app. I have had the app for several years, and have played with the profile for my .257 Weatherby numerous times, and as I was shopping for the 6.5-300 and scope, I built a profile for it, and was playing with all kinds of settings, just to try to see where I would end up, given certain choices. Today, when I got a good measurement for the height above bore, I went into the app to update it. I had guessed 1.8", and it was actually 1.75". I made the change, and checked the results. I had it set for a 300 yd zero, as that is sight in distance (splitting hairs) for an MPBR on a 6" target. So, I then started playing with 100 and 200 yard zero settings, so I could analyze the resulting tables. Well, all of a sudden, the app won't let me save the settings. Now, it's defaulting to 2.0 inches height above bore, and a 100 yard zero. The fields are editable, and I have edited them many, many times over the years, but today, all of a sudden, when I "update' the ballistic profile, it goes back to 2.0 and 100. If it wants to default those settings, it shouldn't make them editable. Also, I realize that with all the long range gear, the 100 yard zero is becoming the popular choice....ok, to each his own. Don't make the field editable then. But, the height above bore has so many variables, that it's inappropriate for the app to not let you update that. Zero distance is an ongoing debate, and up for discussion. But height above bore is an actual measurement.....it shouldn't force me to use 2.0. The biggest frustration, is that up until this afternoon, it has been letting me edit those fields and HOLD the settings. I even uninstalled the app, and reinstalled. Any thoughts?

Thank you!