Zco 420 on long action

Dirt_Nap

Thinking about ordering this optic tomorrow. I have a Defiance deviant action with a split rail. I've done the measurements on paper and I can definitely fit it on. Worried about adjusting it though for eye relief. Any zco users that can chime in?
Thinking about the 527 but only gives me .25" longer of a tube.
Here's a pic of the action. Obviously a thinner ring would help
IMG_7700.jpeg

I'd just make sure you have a backup plan for that 4-20. I couldn't get optimally setup with mine on a long action. Some can get it to work, and others compromise with their setup 😛.

My 5-27 is just enough to fit my long actions with the stocks I'm using.

I have a ZCO 420 on a Defiance Long Action. Obviously, I have a full rail which makes things easier. I would think if you have the correct LOP on your stock, you should be fine.

20200905_190356.jpg

I've taken rings to a machine shop and had them remove a little bit of the material that was keeping my scope from working, afterward with a few thousands shaved off on the inside the rings the scope fit and it's been working fine for almost 20 years.

I'm a big fan of Ted and have ARC rings on every other rifle I own that has a picatinny rail and have a couple of his actions too. I sent a pair of ARC rings along with the scope to Ryan Pierce. He said the rings I sent weren't quite the best height for the setup and talked me into these Hawkins. The scope is awesome, built like a tank and incredibly clear optics.