Yesterdays hunt.

ohlongarmisle

Day off headed south to one of my spots,sat monitoring bean field for six hours.
Shot nine drt,one baby was taken after being shot by a resident bald eagle.
Did something that I've never done in my life , killed two gh's with one shot at 221 yards the 17 hornet blasted right through both all in all a good day shooting .
Picture 1 and 2 shows the double.The mowed strip goes around the 80 acres and the gh's don't waste time on it due to being exposed the shooting has to be done in usually less than 4 to 5 seconds. Tuscarawas river in background , near New Philadelphia quite a few ghg's still in that area despite a heavy coyote presence. 👍

Attachments

• dw.jpeg
    dw.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 42
  • dw1.jpeg
    dw1.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 35
  • dw2.jpeg
    dw2.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 37
  • dw3.jpeg
    dw3.jpeg
    452 KB · Views: 36
  • dw4.jpeg
    dw4.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 40
  • dw5.jpeg
    dw5.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 35
  • dw6.jpeg
    dw6.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 29
  • dw7.jpeg
    dw7.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 33
  • dw8.jpeg
    dw8.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 36
Nice collection of corpses on that tree trunk.
Very nice double!! 👍🏼
Well done.

I'll head out on Friday — and I wish that in my neck of the woods (or desert) I had the size of corpses available that you displayed in your photos....
No such chance, mine are much smaller and feathered.
But a hunt is a hunt! 😆

Matthias

Last edited:
Nice collection of corpses on that tree trunk.
Very nice double!! 👍🏼
Well done.

I'll head out on Friday — and I wish that in my neck of the woods (or desert) I had the size of corpses available that you displayed in your photos....
No such chance, mine are much smaller and feathered.
But a hunt is a hunt! 😆

Matthias
Amen ,most of those bodies are now eaten,a dozen buzzards,a few eagles and some red tailed hawks made short work of them,nothing left for yotes. 👍

That's awesome! I had groundhog in the barn I couldn't find or trap, so I blocked the holes with wooden crates, inserted the garden hose into one of the holes and let the water run for a few hours. Problem solved!

A prairie dog hunt is on my bucket list.