Wyoming hunt

ranjan1

Leaving for Wyoming on August 5th for some stress relief along with several other over stressed retirees. Has anyone been to Wyoming this year on a hunt yet ? We have been going since 94 and we always seem to have a good time shooting or whatever. Let me know how your hunts went we will be up around Newcastle which is a neat town

Randy, dont forget the occassional dumb rabbit....gun)

prepping my 6br and 260 brass for the trip as we speak:cool:

Do you already have places to shoot P-Dogs by Newcastle?

Reason I ask, is that I've got some dogs that need shootin. I used to shoot thousands of rounds a year in the dog towns, but just don't have the time during the summer months anymore.

I've got some property south west of Newcastle.

SBruce,
we do have a couple places we normally shoot, but am always looking for more and willing to help out people in need:D.

I'll send ya a pm with my cell number(or you can send me your number) and we'll talk more about it. Sounds like we can make it happen as we hunt in that area also.

Hey Guys good luck on your trip!

We were out in that area this Memorial Day weekend. The dogs were out and about so the shooting was good. Its usually cooler in May but this year it was hot! But they had quite a bit of rain this spring so everything was nice and green. The only thing was with the heat came the rattlers, so keep an eye on them.

We hunted the Thunder Basin area too, and went home through New Castle then up through the black hills. Beautiful county, way better than the same ole route across NE!

Nice report Iowaboy. Glad to hear you had a good time. Im sure we will have the same results.

Shane, I got your message and will call and touch base with you later on today or this evening. Sounds like youre real close to where we already hunt, so it should work great. Thanks for your kindness.

Just a quick thank you to S bruce. We really enjoyed meeting both you and your Dad ; you are real good people. I hope we did you some good on this trip , but not too good like to see you again next year. Once again thank you and your Dad.
Randy, mike, Pat and Bob

You are welcome, good to meet you guys.

I am sure there will be plenty next year..................any idea how many rounds fired?..........how many hits?.........Farthest shot, ect..........just curious.

probably in the neighborhood of 400 rds the first day and maybe 300 the second day with a hit ratio about 70% for all . not to bad for a bunch of retired guys. Mike on the other hand hit' s about everything he shoots at; guess those younger eyes do make a big difference. still I wouln't give it up

Thanks a bunch Shane. It was really great getting to meet you and your father.

My longest kill shot was right around 690yards, but we did kill a bunch in the 500-650 range. The way we set up we had the majority of our shots in the 200-400 range, but with quite a few closer as well. We wanted to set up so that the 4 of us could be shooting in a couple different directions instead of all in the same direction. Worked out well as it kept us busy most of the day.

I had really hoped to make one at 1000 or farther this year but it just wasnt meant to be. There was a day or two where I had 1000+yd shots available, but the mirage was so bad that my rangefinder wouldnt range past 5-600, so I would have basically been guessing the range. Next year I will make that my priority though as it is something I really wanna do.

As far as how many hits? Man I lost count, but it was ALOT. Inside of 400yds they were falling on the first shot with Randy and I's 22-250's and my 6br. I havent counted up all my spent brass yet to see how many total shots fired, but will do that today.

Had a great time, and we appreciate it very much.

Jacque and I made it to New Castle in 2009 and loved the little town. Due to granddaughter's cancer we missed 2010, but look out 2011, cause we're coming.

I am not sure just where we'll get to hunt but hopefully we can find some dogs. On the last rip we were the guest of some really nice old ranchers and hope to make it back there next year.

So yall please leave me a few.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.