Xlr magnesium 4.0???

joko111

Thoughts on this for a long range hunting rifle? Currently have a manners pro hunter stock on my 300wsm and I don’t love how wide the grip is but I’m looking into getting one of these, just to try something else out, if anybody has tried them out lmk what you think

I did like mine as far as being able to make the perfect “fit”, however those fasteners on the chassis needs constant attention because for reason they tend to work loose. Also, the mag rattles a bit more than I like. Otherwise, I would not hesitate to get another one if I was to go that route again.

I did like mine as far as being able to make the perfect “fit”, however those fasteners on the chassis needs constant attention because for reason they tend to work loose. Also, the mag rattles a bit more than I like. Otherwise, I would not hesitate to get another one if I was to go that route again.
Did You loctite everything ? Other than those issues how do you compare them to something like a manners stock? I know it’s very different but when it comes to handling, recoil impulse, packing, and just general use which do you prefer

Did You loctite everything ? Other than those issues how do you compare them to something like a manners stock? I know it’s very different but when it comes to handling, recoil impulse, packing, and just general use which do you prefer
I was advised by XLR not to loctite the ACTION screws which made sense, but to check them periodically. I also did not loctite the other fasteners mostly associated with the Cheek piece since I needed to either remove or reposition to remove the Bolt for barrel cleaning. In other word, I just kept the required tools in my backpack and checked fasteners after every shooting session.

As far as the question between stock and chassis? I am more of a hunter and for that reason I like the stock option better. With that said, all my guns are customs and have stocks fitted for me. So, recoil and etc is not that different if you have the correct fit in my opinion.

Not sure I addressed your concerns, but if you’re leaning towards the chassis direction then go that way. There must be a reason why the PRS guys are using them.

I have two of them. One on a 308 and one on a 300 Wsm. I will tell you that if you are recoil shy don’t use the chassis. They do not do well for recoil mitigation because they are so light. Both my rifles have good brakes and still have a hell of a wallop.

I have two of them. One on a 308 and one on a 300 Wsm. I will tell you that if you are recoil shy don’t use the chassis. They do not do well for recoil mitigation because they are so light. Both my rifles have good brakes and still have a hell of a wallop.
That was not my experience at all and I was shooting a 300 NMI with Berger 230. Shows how every person is different.

Recent Posts