XLR Chassis Hardware Poll

What type of hardware should come with your chassis?

• - I want stainless chassis hardware for better corrosion resistance and don’t mind the silver color.

• - I prefer black hardware and don’t mind the possibility of a little surface corrosion.

• - I don’t care what color the hardware is I just want it to work at the most affordable price.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why not plate or use conversion coating etc on SS bolts? I am on the fence with this because the hardware on my chassis is rusting and I live in Idaho...... my option is to go to the hardware store and replace the black bolts.... seems like there should be a better option then SS or rust.

Why not plate or use conversion coating etc on SS bolts? I am on the fence with this because the hardware on my chassis is rusting and I live in Idaho...... my option is to go to the hardware store and replace the black bolts.... seems like there should be a better option then SS or rust.
As of right now we are just looking at different options to see what the majority of customers prefer! Some guys like the stainless look and some don't. Some guys don't care about the corrosion while others do. Some customers wouldn't care about an extra $10 for nitride set screws but some will. We just want to weigh out the different options on the table to please as many people as possible.

As of right now we are just looking at different options to see what the majority of customers prefer! Some guys like the stainless look and some don't. Some guys don't care about the corrosion while others do. Some customers wouldn't care about an extra $10 for nitride set screws but some will. We just want to weigh out the different options on the table to please as many people as possible.
Add the nitride option on the survey and I'll click it. ha ha

my true vote would be a couple extra bucks for black coated hardware. In lieu of that I'd go stainless
Yep. Willing to bet that will be the overwhelming majority of votes. Maybe the next round of votes will have this option. I am happy they listened to my original feedback of fixing the mag release tho. MDT has an excellent design. I modified my xlr so it works great now.

I usually switch all my hardware to stainless anyway if I can, I've even had scope ring screws rust in their holes which is more just annoying than anything. It would be nice to have a rifle ready for the elements and not half to worry about anything. You spend all this time and money getting parts cerakoted, nitrided, etc so why not do the bolts too?

I know I was just piggybacking on your comment from another thread. I have their original Element and do not have any issues.
Yeah, its not a big deal really. I have some minor issues with it is all. Hunting all winter and not paying attention to ice etc left residual water in places. Could just blow it out with my compressor at the end of the day but I am usually ready to chill out by then and want to bury myself in the couch