Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Comments submitted. I'm sitting on 20 years of moose PP at age 54. I'd like to think I can actually draw the tag before I die.

Dirty Steve
I'm sitting on max points for Moose, Sheep and Goats and applied for 30 years in Montana as a resident and im 60 years old, should a NR get one of those tags before me its been happening for 30years.

I'm sitting on max points for Moose, Sheep and Goats and applied for 30 years in Montana as a resident and im 60 years old, should a NR get one of those tags before me its been happening for 30years.
...and there it is. Nearly every state is the same. Residents don't get to hunt their own state as it is.

NO, a non resident shouldn't get ANY tag, unless residents don't want the tag.

If the non-res has also been applying for 30 years and has spent the same (most likely much more) in points then hell yes they should be able to hunt "your" State either before or after you...hence draw odds.

You can't eat your cake and have it too.

If the non-res has also been applying for 30 years and has spent the same (most likely much more) in points then hell yes they should be able to hunt "your" State either before or after you...hence draw odds.

Only a small difference- maybe residents should get free points, $7 seems kind of trivial like it would cost the state more to account for that and manage that pool
The non resident point game is why I stopped hunting Nevada. With point creep by the time I drew a decent tag I was $1500 or more invested into that tag. Some of these sheep and moose guys will be many thousands of Dollars of points before they get to buy a $2000 tag

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210707-092636_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210707-092636_Chrome.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 10
Exactly what I thought.

I'm not saying NR shouldn't have the right too hunt any state there heart desires (as im a NR in every other state also) but a NR no matter the state shouldn't get too draw a super limited hunt before the residents do.. I don't care how many points they have SORRY!! So that's why most states have a sperate pool for the NR too swim in so they dont have too compete with both NR and Residents just their NR brethren ... but still shouldn't draw a super hunt before a 60 year old resident who has 30 plus points !!!

Last edited:
Only a small difference- maybe residents should get free points, $7 seems kind of trivial like it would cost the state more to account for that and manage that pool
The non resident point game is why I stopped hunting Nevada. With point creep by the time I drew a decent tag I was $1500 or more invested into that tag. Some of these sheep and moose guys will be many thousands of Dollars of points before they get to buy a $2000 tag
so your saying that even at $7 a whack for say 140+ thousand resident hunters is trivial??
almost 2 million annually for just two species is anything but trivial.