Wtb stw brass

There is plenty on GunBroker right now:

Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for Sale - Buy Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns Online at GunBroker.com

I do not think you are going to get any cheaper than that for right now. Let alone find it right now.

I hate to say because of the current climate right now the saying goes, "if you want to play to are going to have to pay".

If anyone on here has some extra I think they are going to keep it because it is so difficult to find. I know I'm not selling any of mine.

Any truth to remington not producing it any more due to the 7ultra? I guess they only know... What have you heard?
I've heard that rumor for years and years now. But I don't know if there's any validity to it, or not.

The STW seems to have always had popularity spurts, but never seemed to pick up being as popular as the RUM's and the WinMag calibers. Personally, I've always been a fan, but as long as I've had my STW (12 years) ammo has always been a bit of a pain in the *** to find. So when you find it, you buy it up. That's what I've always done.

Any trouble running 8mm mag???
Not if you FL size it in an STW die first. :D

The messed up part is Nosler 8mm RM brass is cheaper than Nosler 7mm STW brass. They're the same **** thing, only one has a 7mm neck and a 7mm headstamp, and the other has a .323 neck and an 8mm headspamp.

Let me check around the house. I know I have some here somewhere. I will let you know tomorrow.

I have since sold my STW, so no need for whatever brass I have around.

I finally got back by that little GS and sure enough he had two boxes of Winchester 150 gr PSP in 7STW. I bought both boxes $33.99 per box. Any one know what powder Win uses? I plan to pull the bullets and reload with Sciroccco or Barnes 150's

Weatherby Mark V 7mm STW
Steiner Predator Extreme 3x12x56
Winchester Model 70 Classic SS 7 mm STW
Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14x50 TT
Weatherby Mark V 240 Wby Mag
Minox 3x15x42

I finally got back by that little GS and sure enough he had two boxes of Winchester 150 gr PSP in 7STW. I bought both boxes $33.99 per box. Any one know what powder Win uses? I plan to pull the bullets and reload with Sciroccco or Barnes 150's

Weatherby Mark V 7mm STW
Minox 3x15x42

Not sure but it's slow burning ball stuff (probably a variant of 780 or similar)and it produced rather high pressures over the pressure trace I had on my stw. You are probably correct to dump the powder and load a pet load in your brass.

In 2008 I was able to duplicate the Winchester factory load 150gr PP.I pulled the bullet,weighed the charge,did some research and came up with Winchester WXR.The sad news is the powder has been discontinued.The good news is I've been able to achieve nearly identical results with Reloader-22 and Win Supreme 780.I've loaded all three powders at the same charge weight and have seen very little difference in the way the group and the velocities are nearly identical.

Thanks, I think I will eventually pull the bullets and dump the powder and replace with 7828 or RL 25. One of my STW's likes 7828 and the other likes RL 25

Weatherby Mark V 7mm STW
Minox 3x15x42

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts