• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB Help

Everyone's eyes are different. I usually shoot my biggest bucks at first few minutes of legal light in the morning and last few minutes in evening. Especially on a cloudy day it's basically dark and still legal to shoot time wise and the Zeiss V6 is the only glass which allows me to get off a good clear shot. I've tried several of the scopes previously mentioned.

I concur, every shooter has a different set of parameters and or limitations when it comes to quality of eye sight. I've read about the V6 on Zeiss's website, can't find anything in regards to their warranty? Also, the V6 is a Second Focal Plane reticle and requires the operator to consider different yardages for different magnifications. When your hunting and that animal presents itself, taking extra time to figure out different yardages at different magnifications is counter productive (most notably at 1st light & last light). Cost of the V6 is $1900+tax/shipping/etc. For that kind of money why wouldn't someone pay the same or a fraction more for a product that offers a lifetime warranty and First Focal Plane Illuminated reticle?

When you buy Zeiss, Swarovski, Leica your paying for a name not necessarily the best optic in class IMHO. Just because someone can "afford" those brands of scopes/binos/spotters/etc doesn't guarantee to give someone an advantage in the field. It's all in the eye of the beholder, I'm sure the V6 is a great scope and it provides a clean crisp view in low & full light situations. Based on previous experiences with the lack of warranty the German products offer, I stick with brands that stand behind their products no matter what. Last time I had Zeiss and had to have them repair my Bino's, it cost me hundreds of dollars and months (4+) of waiting before I got my optics back. Never again, not in this lifetime!

That was terrible service and hate to hear it. I guess I've been on the flip side of that. Owning over a dozen Zeiss scopes between my 2 sons and myself plus 1 spotter and 4 pair victory range finding binoculars the very few problems we've had were taken care of in the states at no charge event return shipping and the one time a product went across the pond we received a new one to use until the return again at their expense.

Loving the input!

In regards to a few of the comments:

Warranty is definitely a concern, but somehow nobody has said much about vortex who im sure all would agree has the best warranty.

We are definitely paying for a name, and while the euro optics are mentioned, the same goes for Nightforce and Leupold. Top end scopes in any of these brands are around 2000$ if the name didnt have reputation attached, there would probably be more mention of tract optics.

I agree on the ability to shoot in low light being very important. Are there many 30mm tube and 50mm objective scopes that dont perform well in low light? Im talking top end scopes.

I agree everyones eyes are different and a high dollar scope doesnt automatically give you any field advantage. My personal beliefs there are that time in the field gives you the best advantage, and that i dont find animals with my scope, i find them with a spotter,or binoculars if with anything at all. At that point i get as close as allowable, and then my scope comes into play.

That being said i am paying entirely too much for a good custom rifle and will probably do the same for a scope. But i am hoping to make decisions on choosing these that i can be happy with for years to come.

For the past 4 years i have changed my scope every year because the results of previous years. Looking to get into an" old reliable" setup that is as familiar as your pellet gun or .22 you shot daily as a kid. Tired of the changes.

Still looking for more input on ffp vs sfp. I am leaning towards first, but heres an argument for second, only because i want to hear the counter argument.

It was mentioned having to be at full zoom for reticle to work which is true. But if a person is zeroed at 200 yds, anything beyond that is easily seen with full zoom. What are some situations where ffp is better? Are there any situations where sfp is better.

Really appreciate the comments and i am learning from them all. Please keep them coming.

At this point i am still very unsure about what i want. The zeiss sounds good. But so does leupold and nightforce. And vortex warranty is also tempting although i havent seen a vortex i would consider.

As I stated in the beginning, get your hands on as many different scopes as possible and pick the one you like....cause it's your eyes, your money and and you'll know when you have that hands on experience which works best for you!

At the end of the day, all of the before mentioned optics are excellent and serve hunter's & shooting enthusiasts well regardless of hunting or long range target shooting.

Just like everything else in this world, your strongest link is only as good as your weakest link!

Found a used NX8 on SnipersHide.com...sell that 308 and your left nut and go BIG!!!!

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/nightforce-nx8-2-5-20x50-moar-digillum-c622.6980742/

Was doing some research on that scope this morning. Nightforce says its for AR or Compact guns. Reviews say its difficult to mount forward because not much place for rings. What made you choose one so short? Weight savings? Is there a longer version of same scope? Other advantages? Unfortunately i dont have a place where i can get my hands on this class of scope.