Would you rather

I’ve struggled with this exact thing…my issue, I’ve not run a separated setup for 5-6 years. I’ve run Vortex and Sig to date. I’ve sold my set I used last year. Not sure why I do this to myself.

With that said, there is zero doubt the Pures are the best glass on the market…evidently it’s too much to ask to have that glass with an AB ballistic rangefinder built in. ;)

Currently using a pre-TA EL-Range in 8x42. I can’t imagine the situation in which I’d move away from the Binoc/LRF combo as a primary “on me all the time” set.

Really “Jonesing” the newer 8x32 EL-Range as a primary.

Best glass I can get and a separate range finder. If it's close enough that I don't have time to use both I don't need the range finder or the solver solution, if it is a long enough way off and I didn't have time to use both I probably didn't have time to get a quality shot built and sent anyway on what is probably a moving animal. Lots of what if scenarios, but if I need the range finder and and solver solution I personally need time to make that shot. Wind primarily is the concern but I need time to execute the shot too. The extra 6 maybe 8 seconds, call it 10 seconds, it takes me to pouch my binos and pick up the rangefinder and get a short of, on target and long of target ranging measurement taken is a small part of the shot process. Shoot, I will likely spend at least another 10 seconds on the rangefinder confirming by hitting other objects short, long and even with my target. I would do the same with ranging bino's, saving less than 10 seconds to me isn't worth giving up great glass because I see more animals with the great glass that I would miss with lesser glass. You can find moving animals with Tasco binos, I am looking for the ones I might have a chance of getting a shot on and they are typically a lot harder to spot not to mention needing time and glass quality to judge for big game animals.

Well I ran into this same conundrum, I sold off my pures and my revic. Then I bought the vortex Furry ABs. I am fine with the trade off but I also don’t go on guided hunts and only hunt my home state of Montana.

I found you sacrice ALOT of glass quality in the combo units. Rangefinder technology is changing so fast that by the time the bugs are worked out, it's typically almost obsolete.

I also found that in general the electronic boasts of many are sales and marketing hype, big on promise, low on delivery.

I went with alpha glass and will replace my Rangefinder far cheaper than a combo unit. If you spend alot of time behind the glass, you'll likely wish you had the alpha glass.

I found you sacrice ALOT of glass quality in the combo units. Rangefinder technology is changing so fast that by the time the bugs are worked out, it's typically almost obsolete.

I also found that in general the electronic boasts of many are sales and marketing hype, big on promise, low on delivery.

I went with alpha glass and will replace my Rangefinder far cheaper than a combo unit. If you spend alot of time behind the glass, you'll likely wish you had the alpha glass.

Timing is everything, Swarovski just put the NL's on sale and I'm passing through Montana on Monday, I'll be picking me up the 12x42's hopefully

I run NL Pure with a Lieca rangefinder for rifle and a small Leupold for archery. Mostly because my ballistic solution comes from my phone regardless so I am wanting a simple line of sight range finder. The Lieca has angle, range, baro and temp. Kestrel for wind

I run NL Pure with a Lieca rangefinder for rifle and a small Leupold for archery. Mostly because my ballistic solution comes from my phone regardless so I am wanting a simple line of sight range finder.
I have a Leica 1600b and wanting something different that has a ballistic engine on board. That is why I am researching the Kilo 5. Kilo 8, or Revic. Can’t make up my mind though since I really don’t believe that I need anything that is beyond my use as a medium range hunter….decision constipation.

I have a Leica 1600b and wanting something different that has a ballistic engine on board. That is why I am researching the Kilo 5. Kilo 8, or Revic. Can’t make up my mind though since I really don’t believe that I need anything that is beyond my use as a medium range hunter….decision constipation.
Revic and be done with it.