Would you hire a man who thinks like this...?

On its face, seems counterintuitive.
  • Could be the price tag is on the bottom of the skid plate.
  • The dude doesn't know how to operate one yet, especially with the appliance rollers on the back of it.
  • Here in Oregon, putting it in a cart adds the benefit that store security doesn't presume you're stealing it. Not that the DA does anything about it nowadays...
  • Finally, safety. A lot of customers at HD are walking accidents. Putting it in a cart defines a zone to steer clear.

I was a Paramedic Chief, I was employed by a Government contract. NOT, the government. I had paramedics begging for a job working with us. So, I had a simple work incentive program. Work or be fired! Second time your late it went on your record, only had to remove one person. The rest got the message.
I worked a Gov. mammary gland job for 32yrs. Was in charge of regular training with the schedule usually posted 3-6mo in advance. When I was a newbie people would show up late, and I would tell them not acceptable your late to assigned shift. They ignored me including admin when I talked to them, then I started documenting and notifying supervisors in writing. Admin came down on me and my reply was a question "do you discipline people who are late for shift per written policy?" So funny they continued to ignore until a couple received discipline investigations. Gov. can do like the private sector they normally choose not to.

Imagine the guy bought the hand truck and on his way out was walking past a cart that someone left all willy nilly half in the road so he decided to be nice and double up to return the cart to the right location on the way to his vehicle. Not likely i know, but we have all become far too quick to judge people/situations. We have lost our natural compassion and forgiveness. Or at least a lot uf us have.

Funny thought on the lazy = easier

Trucking the cart by hand would be easiest. So maybe this guy isnt lazy at all.
Valid points..

Yes some valid points brought up. But I just take this as lite humor not intended to belittle anyone, just as I do my self looking back at things I've done. Boy you guys could have a field day with me🤪🤣!
Example, while filling 5 gal propane bottles at a summer camp I was employed at, which took a while. In the summer the flies would swarm all over ya, so I thought for a little entertainment I'd go get my bug zapper off the deck. An electric bug zapper next to propane fumes! I actually took a few steps towards my house before the lights came on🤦‍♂️ I'll take pushing a hand truck in a shopping cart all day long!

He may have wanted to possibly return it which is better to do if it hasn't been used. Take a look in Cabela's bargain cave.

I was construction superintendent. We Hired someone they got told only two things you can't do here. Can't do the job can't work here!