Wolf/mountain lion hunt suggestions

rickdavis81

Not sure if this is the place for this, feel free to move if not. I'm looking for suggestions for mountain lion/wolf guided hunts in montana, Utah etc. Most list mountain lion with wolf or bobcat as an extra. I'm wanting a good outfitter not the lowest bidder. I'm going to be building my house this fall/winter and figure I'll need some time away in the middle to recharge and this might be the perfect getaway, plus new mounts for the new house. I'd prefer suggestions from those that have used the outfitters.
Thanks

If you are drywalling a big wall for critters to hang on.....cover the wall ith plywood, primer it, texture it, then paint it....that way you don't have to look for wallstuds to hang critters...put it anywhere....knowing it is secured...
I have repaired many critters that fell because nails in sheetrock didnt hold.....imagine that......

Don't do that, the wood resins will bleed. All things hanging on a wall need attached to a stud.

We put 3/4" plywood behind either FRP or drywall all the time for radio shelters and hang hundred pound racks from them. It works great. Just cover it with something other than just a drywall mud skim coat.

Well I didnt qdvise him to pay a hundred bucks a sheet for resawn plywood....but if he has the cash and likes wood finishes stain it and add some bats.....but that isn't very conducive to hang critters on....
DRY plywood doesn't drip moisture....and a good water sealant and then a good primer sealer if painting.....Kilz......

Not t trying to ruffle anyones feathers 26 reload. The tannin in dry plywood bleeds through latex paint. A trim carpenters tip for finding studs in the wall. take a 2.5" 16 ga trim nail and use it. If your not on top of a stud put the nail in the same hole at an extreme angle (left and right). this gives about 5" of margin. One tiny hole is easily covered, even if it takes 2 holes to find a stud.

Measure your studs in wall before you cover it. Rite it on paper ,(save paper ) measure right to left or left to right but remember which way you tape measured it ,plywood can get pricey ,and there's stud finders .

Um yeah, don't texture and paint plywood in the interior of the home. The best way is to install backing in the framing before drywall. That method requires you to have a layout of what will be attached. If a dedicated trophy room, and no layout for what will be mounted, I'd sheet plywood first, then drywall and preferred finish. In new construction this is easy, but requires either custom door and window jambs, or additional trim work. Most mounts aren't that heavy, and sometimes just a quality drywall anchor will work in existing areas. I've hung a lot of different things in a lot of very high end homes. Sometimes hiring someone that knows is a good idea. mtmuley

Measure your studs in wall before you cover it. Rite it on paper ,(save paper ) measure right to left or left to right but remember which way you tape measured it ,plywood can get pricey ,and there's stud finders .
LOVE IT ,been doing same thing for yrs.:D OR do like my parents home,,1/2 plywood,3/8 drywall,insulate interior,between floors,ceiling,7-8 outlets per room with it's own breaker.(JUST SO HE could put a nail or screw any where to hang a picture)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.