• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Why so many Labradars for sale?

Not released yet just pre orders. Ordered mine through Midsouth they just 50$ to order it
They are available at a few places NOW. I'll keep my LabRadar for now. If the Garmin is all that it's cracked up to be, I'll have one for next year's activities. By that time, used LabRadars will probably not bring in more than $300.

My only concern is I'm not that thrilled with the life span of Garmin products. I have had several over the years and they seem to last about 3 years before going belly up for one reason or another. Lot's of times, it's the screen looses its brightness or something. By that time it's an out of warrenty product and obsolite at Garmin so you have to buy something else. Seriously, I've come to think that Garmin builds this "feature" into all of their products. You do pay a premium for Garmin so I think the product should last longer.

Have you seen what magneto speed v3's are selling for, one went today $300 brand new, I'm kicking myself in the butt for buying one brand new 2 weeks ago, I keep telling myself, "sometimes you win, sometimes you lose", but I'm looking like the Broncos right now

Thought I read the Garmin doesn't track velocities at different ranges like the LR, just a muzzle velocity. I could be wrong though. In all honesty, I'm not sure that's a deal breaker though. The size difference between the 2 is quite remarkable though! I have a LR and will keep it unless I'm persuaded differently 😉

Attachments

• LAB.jpg
    LAB.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Lab1.jpg
    Lab1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Lab2.jpg
    Lab2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
The new Garmin.
I have used Garmin GPS for many years E TREX mountain climbing and scouting hunting. Would not be with out it. My last E Trex is over 10 years old and still works great.
I think that these new Garmin had an edge over LR with Size easy of setup, and 5,000 fps. LR only goes to 4K fps.
I am not a hotrodder and only load to 3,900 fps but if I would go higher I would have to set up our CDE with infred light curtains "Old Faithful" there isn't a bullet it can't record fps.
Time will tell just like any electronics when they first come out. But they do look interesting. Maybe they could send me one for free to test out!

I picked mine up yesterday and it's a sweet little unit. It was usually within 2fps of lab. In 61 shots the biggest spread between the two was 8 fps. It is not finicky at all, I even aimed it slightly away from the target and it still picked up the shot. It is crazy simple to operate and the display is very easy to read and it's completely hassle free with suppressor use. I had another shooter about 5-6 feet to the right of me and it never picked up his shot.
Here is a pic for size reference.
20231019_141452.jpg