Which three must have calibers.

I have the solution to all of your cartridge needs..... ladies and gentlemen... read this and close take it to the bank.
#1.... 22 eargensplitten loudenboomer
#2.... 7.82 warbird
#3.... 6mm thermos bottle
As if there are any other options.

I have 2 of my 3 now...

.257wby (LH custom Rem 700)

.338wm (LH custom Win M70)

Gotta figure out what to run in between them... thinking 7RM or 300wm... maybe maybe step up to something even faster or odd like 7STW or 30-28NOS

7mm08 for anything whitetail and smaller
338 for whitetail and anything bigger in North America
12 gauge shotgun for backup bear protection with slugs

With the right bullets these would really be the only weapons I would absolutely have to have although I'd really miss my 44 super red-hawk . I really like just packing it around just to shoot anything that may need a 44 cal hole through it.

As we're covering "medium" to "large" game, and many people have included the .22 RF, I feel the need to modify my choice (not plural)....with qualifications!

A 22 RF with a "can" and 60 grain sub-sonic bullets..... for use at night when "illegally" hunting medium to large game! :D

Now....I'm up to two (2) cartridges. :) memtb
I have cans for most of mine, they don't bark here and bite way out there. the bullets makes more noise than the gun doing off, that's nice

Which three must have calibers based on current bullet selection, not necessarily cartridges. For medium to large game if you only had three choices. List in order from most important to least important as if you would have to narrow down to only owning the first listed.

Sorry for the edit, but say up to elk for large game.
257 Wby
30-378 Wby
338 RUM

257 Weatherby Magnum (110gr ELD-X)

270 Winchester Short Magnum (145gr ELD-X)

300 Remington Ultra Magnum (200gr ELD-X)

Can get factory ammo for all, reloading capabilities for these calibers is endless!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts