Where to compete?

cgarb

Looking for some long range type matches to shoot in the Md, southern Pa, northern Va area. Ive searched and searched on google and can only find stuff that you need to be military/LE to compete in. I would rather not have to drive 10 hours to shoot. Thanks

I belong to St. Thomas Sportsmans Club (near Chambersburg, PA) and shoot competition high power rifles there. They also have .22 rimfire silhouette competition matches. I do not shoot in that, but I love the groundhog benchrest game (100-200-300-400 yds). One Saturday per month, we have 50-60 shooters at those matches. Every Tuesday, starting at 9 AM, we do the same thing in a "fun" match. Here is the web site:
St. Thomas Sportsmen's Association

If you PM me, I can give you further info on who to contact, etc.

Just a short ride to Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club they have accross-the-course and F-Class to 600 yards; sling shooting and F-Class at 800, 900 & 1000 yards.

Look me up at the 600 yard F-Class.

Good Luck
Jerry

Is the Allegheny Sniper challenge still going on? I was on the Walker Custom Rifle site and saw a customer competing in that match. The website for it says the next match is may 2013. Maybe it went bust? Looks like it would be fun for sure.

Thanks to all who replied...im going on a wyoming hunt this year and just looking for a fun way to practice other than just the usual practice at the range.

Is the Allegheny Sniper challenge still going on? I was on the Walker Custom Rifle site and saw a customer competing in that match. The website for it says the next match is may 2013. Maybe it went bust? Looks like it would be fun for sure.

Allegheny Sniper Challenge is still being held. It is one of the premier matches on the east coast, IMO. Normally held in May and October. May for any caliber and October for .308 only.

Good luck

Jerry

Allegheny sniper challenge??? Could someone clue me in more on this event. I don't live too far from this. Just looked at their website and it looked dated.

I think there is more current stuff on Facebook and there are some videos of the match on youtube. Looks fun. I read somewhere on the web it was by invitation only. Not sure how you get invited but I would like to find out.

I actually sent an email to those guys via their dated site and got a quick response back that it is still being held. If you want on their email chain all you have to do is email them and ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.