What's the best clip on thermal out there?

jheilman

Very new to calling at night but gonna get started. Very intrigued with the clip on ones. Only one I have ever had in my hands was a Burris BTC-50 and was fairly impressed. Seemed easy enough to use and did pick up animals very well, but the distance was only around 200 yards. Any information from experienced night hunters would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Very new to calling at night but gonna get started. Very intrigued with the clip on ones. Only one I have ever had in my hands was a Burris BTC-50 and was fairly impressed. Seemed easy enough to use and did pick up animals very well, but the distance was only around 200 yards. Any information from experienced night hunters would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Personally if you are going to get into night hunting go with a real good thermal or if you want NV get a real good NV Scope. We use a handheld Scout III for Thermal detection and then have a NV D-760 Gen 3, Hand Select, 6 X, Auto Gated, Manual Gain, With IR Light.
I like Thermal for detection and then NV to see what is out there.
If you go with less expensive to start out with you are always going to want something better. The new Thermals that are out now give you a NV appearance with Thermal and ability to record Audio & Video.
If I was going to start all over again, I would go with this Thermal:

Holy crap, I totally agree with what your saying but 16 grand isn't in the budget what so ever. And I do believe in the buy once cry once philosophy. I was thinking around the 4-5 grand range. Can ya recommend anything else? Thanks

I've used an ATN clip on thermal for a number of years. ATN's customer service sucks #*!, but my unit has served me well. I'm impressed with the Pulsar clip on my friend uses (I forget the model) but don't have any experience with other brands.

Double Naught Spy posts videos on here from time to time and post lots of videos on YouTube. He is also one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Try watching some of his videos for more info.

I’d suggest looking to see if you can find a local dealer so you can look through units yourself. I went with a dedicated thermal rather than a clip on. Iray Rico Mk1 640 works very well. I’ve had it about 18 months and really enjoy it.

I also have a Pulsar Telos scanner and the image quality is fantastic. I think you can do very well in the 4-5k range.

Holy crap, I totally agree with what your saying but 16 grand isn't in the budget what so ever. And I do believe in the buy once cry once philosophy. I was thinking around the 4-5 grand range. Can ya recommend anything else? Thanks
There are some very up to date night hunters on here and lead you in the right way for $K or less. To have video audio and good optics!
Good luck and you will be hooked hunting anything in the DARK!!!!
If we can help you out in any way let us know
Len & Jill