What should I do?

Brandon.in.parts

Like many of you, I'm sure, I like to tinker with things. I'm a huge fan of 7mm's. I have or have had 7mm-08, 7mm SAUM, 280AI, 7mm REM Mag, 28 Nosler. Building loads for these cartridges it what is the most fun for me. Once I find a perfect load though, I can get bored with it and have to switch bullets or powder or something to keep it interesting.
I still have the 7mm-08 and will probably keep it so my kids can grow in to it. The 7 SAUM was my first DIY full custom, I love it but I think it can be better. In hindsight I should have built it on a medium or long action and a full 24" carbon sendero barrel was probably of the best choice for being lightweight and maneuverable. My 28 Nosler is an off the shelf Christensen Mesa Bronze and it took me a while to figure out what load it likes. Currently shooting 151gr PVA Cayuga.
Before I had either of these I had (read still have) an obsession with building a 7 LRM. I'll probably never use the 28 Nosler to its full potential and the LRM will render my SAUM obsolete. Let's be honest, if I were to build a Gunwerks brainchild I'd have to sell both of them anyway to afford it. Question is the new kid on the block 7 PRC. Hunting deer, black bear, elk and maybe someday moose and limiting myself to 600 yards and in, do I just press the easy button, PRC or feed my tinkering habit?

Like many of you, I'm sure, I like to tinker with things. I'm a huge fan of 7mm's. I have or have had 7mm-08, 7mm SAUM, 280AI, 7mm REM Mag, 28 Nosler. Building loads for these cartridges it what is the most fun for me. Once I find a perfect load though, I can get bored with it and have to switch bullets or powder or something to keep it interesting.
I still have the 7mm-08 and will probably keep it so my kids can grow in to it. The 7 SAUM was my first DIY full custom, I love it but I think it can be better. In hindsight I should have built it on a medium or long action and a full 24" carbon sendero barrel was probably of the best choice for being lightweight and maneuverable. My 28 Nosler is an off the shelf Christensen Mesa Bronze and it took me a while to figure out what load it likes. Currently shooting 151gr PVA Cayuga.
Before I had either of these I had (read still have) an obsession with building a 7 LRM. I'll probably never use the 28 Nosler to its full potential and the LRM will render my SAUM obsolete. Let's be honest, if I were to build a Gunwerks brainchild I'd have to sell both of them anyway to afford it. Question is the new kid on the block 7 PRC. Hunting deer, black bear, elk and maybe someday moose and limiting myself to 600 yards and in, do I just press the easy button, PRC or feed my tinkering habit?
Only you can answer your dilemma.

I haven't jumped on the PRC bandwagon yet. I continue to hear good things, but the fear of missing out has not pushed me over the edge. Sometimes I allow logical thought to guide me in my decisions. I look at the number of components sitting in my cabinets and ask myself why would I want to make a change. This doesn't work all the time though.

I've got a similar behavioral pattern. I have a 280ai and push 168s right around 3000fps and 180s at 2920fps but have been thinking about building a 30 Nosler. The passionate side of me gets ready to hit the buy button on parts but the logical side of me goes "why? It's not really going to kill deer & elk much better than that 180g at 2920fps". 🤷‍♂️

Definitely 'want' driven vs 'need'. Only you can decide. Good luck battling that inner demon. 😝

You're gonna love the PRC, great and available components, shoots a wide variety of bullets well, and easy to load for. I jumped on the bandwagon not long ago and became my favorite 7. Currently shooting 180 hybrid at 2950 and making ragged holes.
Exactly what he said. I just finished a load development and it settled in at 2850fps with ragged holes. Its a fun rifle to shoot.

But, but no 7x57.....

I fully understand your situation for me though it's the both the 6.5s & 7s. I have a 6.5 creed & a my old faithful model 70 264 win mag but still want a 6.5-284 as well as another 6.5 prc . For the 7s I have my 7mm rem mag whitworth interarms that I killed my first deer with ( well first with a gun not a truck). I had a new 26" bartlein stainless #3 put on it a coupe years ago. I also have a CA ridgeline 7 prc but I've always wanted a 7 STW & a 280 a.i.