What optic for this 3030

I'm left eye dominate and shoot right handed so I need all the help I can get
Same here, and to make it worse, I have LASIK done on my left for distance, but my right is uncorrected for reading. If I have both of them done, I would need reading glasses. So, during archery, I use contact lenses.

My .30-30 is not as fancy as yours, but I have 3 lever actions that will need scopes as soon as I get around it.

Glenfield (Marlin 30A) .30-30.jpg

Glenfield (Marlin 30A) .30-30
Henry Big Boy .44 Mag lever action.jpg

Henry Big Boy .44 Mag lever action
Winchester 1886 .45-70 lever action.jpg

Winchester 1886 .45-70 lever action

Last edited:
I'm with the red dot crew. If it is a good quality adjustable, shooting accurately out to 200 yards is no problem even for old eyes. The other issue is carrying. I've put scopes on lever actions in the past and they don't carry worth a ****. One of the reasons I prefer levers for hiking and some hunting is because they carry so naturally and a properly mounted red dot doesn't interfere with that. My favourite location for red dots is on the barrel using the rear sight slot.

What I prefer about the Vortex pst gen 2 1-6 is the reticle is pretty traditional and not to busy with a daylight bright red dot in the center. I don't care for all the clutter of most lpvo reticles. This is nice and clean but is illuminated with a perfect dot for quick sight target alignment. This says razor but the share the same reticle.
vortex-razor-hd-gen-ii-e-1-6x24-riflescope-vmr-2-reticle-moa-1.jpg

I like my Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6 on my Henry model x 30-30. I can go down to 1x for up closer but also zoom in a little to shoot a deer or target at distance. It's better to have than not have and need or want.View attachment 537461
Yea that one is on the list and the leupold 1-6

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_114417_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_114417_Chrome.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 14
Decided to go with the 1-6 pst. From what i could find the leupold only has moa adjustments or you can order a custom turret for you bullet. The pst gives me mil adjustment if ever need them. Thanks everyone for the help!

I've always thought about an optic for my Winchester 94 32special but I can't bring myself to go it to my grandpas old deer rifle but if I did it would probably just get a holosun just for the quick target acquisition. After all it was never designed to be a long range shooter