What optic for this 3030

okiegunner

Trying to decide what kind of optic to put on this lever action. I like ffp mil scopes so was thinking like a 1 to 6 lpvo. What do you guys think?
IMG_0204.jpeg

Trying to decide what kind of optic to put on this lever action. I like ffp mil scopes so was thinking like a 1 to 6 lpvo. What do you guys think?View attachment 537421

Welcome to LRH, and enjoy!

It's a very nice rig! I agree with FFP and 1-6 magnification. I recommend an illuminated version for those dark timber hunts. Good luck!

Last edited:
Welcome to LRH, and enjoy!

It's a very nice rig! I agree with FFP and 1-6 magnification. I recommend an illuminated version for those dark timber hunts. Good luck!
Good point. Didnt think about making sure it has illumination. Everything else i have already comes with it.

I had a response then I changed my thoughts and gave you a short response, then you said 200 an in. I'd go red dot with what you said. I'm a FFP guy but no need in those ranges and the red dot will be gtg if hunting/plinking. No need for FFP at that range. Enjoy the perks of 2nd if you go lpvo. I just ordered a NF in 2nd to my dismay for a 300 prc but know it will make the rifle more versatile for my do it all rig. 2x10 power for hunting. I tend to shoot 500-700 yards around 10 power anyways.

I had a response then I changed my thoughts and gave you a short response, then you said 200 an in. I'd go red dot with what you said. I'm a FFP guy but no need in those ranges and the red dot will be gtg if hunting/plinking. No need for FFP at that range. Enjoy the perks of 2nd if you go lpvo. I just ordered a NF in 2nd to my dismay for a 300 prc but know it will make the rifle more versatile for my do it all rig. 2x10 power for hunting. I tend to shoot 500-700 yards around 10 power anyways.
Yea I'm literally wanting this for walking around the woods with and possibly hunting out of a stand with. If I want to shoot long range I have plenty of other rifles for that

I know lever actions are primarily iron sites but with this one being more modern looking I'm wanting something that goes with it but still stays online with what it is