What is the one piece of hunting/shooting advice you would give yourself if you could go back in time

Darryle

Funny things you pick up from a book when reading it, hence this thread.

If you had the ability to go back to the point your hunting/shooting obsession began, what is the one and only thing you would you say to your younger self?

I know it will be hard to narrow it down to just one, there are so many.

For me, buy components even if you don't need them.

Realize the time to hunt high altitude difficult big game hunts like sheep etc is when you have the physicality to do so. Points. Buy your own hunting land. Build an ammo bunker😜😂. 55gal drum of Retumbo, H1000, RL26 and stupid Bh209. Learn how build rifles early. Try harder to get your brother to hunt, he might of lasted longer. ☹️

I am 55 years old and just now going on my first western states hunt. I always wanted to hunt pronghorn, mule deer and elk when I was younger but always convinced myself I didn't have the money.

Had I known then what I know now, I would have spent lots less money on "toys" that now mean nothing and would have at least been stacking up points. And truthfully had I not spent that much on toys I would have had the money and would have been in much better physical condition.