What gun did you want that was never made ?

A scaled down action like the fiedcraft for .223 bf and smaller.

A 223 semi that's got the lines of something sleek like an old 1022 or winchester 100. Lord love the ar15, but I don't always need rails on rails on rails with 30 round mags and vertical grips. Some days I'd like a sleek little autoloader.
The Kimber 84M and Sako A-1/Vixen both have the scaled down diameter you're looking for.

Volquartsen made (maybe still does) a semi-auto 223 that looks like an up-sized Ruger 10/22 and uses regular AR-15 magazines.

I dont think they make them but... a ruger 10/22 in 22mag.

I'd like to see something directly comparable to a 220swift brought back to market. Something 22cal and 4200fps with a 55-65gr bullet
Ruger made a 10/22 22 mag for a very short time, they're $1k-$1200 if you can find one now. Magnum Research and Volquartsen both make a semi-auto 22-Mags that feed w/Ruger magazines.

22 Creed will do what you want regarding 220Swift ++ velocity.

How about a ................

Ruger Red Label side by side rifle in 45-70. Kind of like an American version of a British Big Bore double, that we can all afford to buy and shoot.
The Ruger Gold Label 12Ga Shotgun was about $2500 in the late 90's when they introduced them. They're $3K+ now if you can find one. A rifled barrel-set for that action would likely push the entry cost to $5-$6K.