What could’ve caused this? 🤔

Any ideas as to what could've made this "mark" on the bottom of this door & frame? NO….it was not a dog. I'm open to ANY and ALL suggestions because I don't have the first dang clue. Yes, it's part of a case I'm working….
View attachment 604562View attachment 604563
Something was Pawing like crazy trying to get in possibly be a coon.

The back of the house (where the door in question is) is toward the North.
Is there any glass around it that would reflect from the sun during that part of the day? A sky light maybe on the patio.

without leading on any further, as others point out, there's clawing around the door damage in question suggesting an animal pawing to get in.

No worries there.

However, the door LOOKs like a ePVC, or fiberglass composite type patio door…and once their outside layer is…pawed away…it loses its resistance to UV exposure.

That's my guess. A door and windows guy would probably be the best expert, but I really think the material type is the most telling. Simple vinyl would usually molt when exposed to higher heat for example.

Last edited:
Any ideas as to what could've made this "mark" on the bottom of this door & frame? NO….it was not a dog. I'm open to ANY and ALL suggestions because I don't have the first dang clue. Yes, it's part of a case I'm working….
View attachment 604562View attachment 604563
Small Dog clawing at the door wanting in! That damage took months or years to effect. It has nothing to do with break-in.