What cellular game cameras? Recommendations?

I use cell cams year around for watching livestock water, on a pig brig hog trap and occasionally on a corn feeder. I've had SPYPOINT (trash), the Cuddeback system with multiple cameras running off a main (multiple issues and big money invested), had one other in the early days that was a big pain in my ***. Now I use Tactacam (mine are Reveal X Pro, my buddy that uses them for watching illegal aliens cross his ranch uses the Reveal X). They have been 100% reliable, battery life is great (I use the rechargeable AA from harbor freight and charge them in a digital charger), if you call customer service an American answers and can usually get ME straightened out. I've had issues on occasion but it was operator error not camera error.

I use cell cams year around for watching livestock water, on a pig brig hog trap and occasionally on a corn feeder. I've had SPYPOINT (trash), the Cuddeback system with multiple cameras running off a main (multiple issues and big money invested), had one other in the early days that was a big pain in my ***. Now I use Tactacam (mine are Reveal X Pro, my buddy that uses them for watching illegal aliens cross his ranch uses the Reveal X). They have been 100% reliable, battery life is great (I use the rechargeable AA from harbor freight and charge them in a digital charger), if you call customer service an American answers and can usually get ME straightened out. I've had issues on occasion but it was operator error not camera error.
Using them year-round is my plan as well. We have a guest house on the other side of river that we want to put a cam or two on and I'll be putting them up at my gates. I plan on running 6-8 cameras so good customer service and recognizable English is important too. Thanks for the advice!

I recently switched from Spypoint to Tactacam. The Spypoint CS absolutely sucked, I had one camera die (out of warranty) 2 weeks after paying a yearly unlimited plan, when I asked to transfer it to another camera they basically said pound sand. So far I'm not impressed with the Tactacam. On the "unlimited" plan it will only send 1 picture of a burst, sends a boat load of pictures of nothing. I've played around with sensitivity, send, all settings etc to no avail. This one is in my backyard 150yd from my house so I can look at it when it sends me a picture of a deer/pig/dog or whatever that's not there like there's a delay sending. Spypoint never had this issue on the same cell network.

I have a number of the game cameras mostly for security at the ranch in NM and a couple here in Texas. Have a few though at my feeders. Tried several brands over the years and the Spartan (not the cheapest) pretty much puts them to shame. The Spy Points are the worst for managing the communications through the phone. Cameras require frequent manual reboots AND the batteries (internal and the external ones) have failed numerous times with the internal battery not being user replaceable. Have had to on all of the cameras use silicone to reattach the actual solar panel to its holder on the top as the sun and heat made the sealer and glue fail from what they used to build them with.

First pic is Texas this am and the 2nd is the IR pic from NM last night in a high wind even. What is really awesome is the ability to live stream video with sound and record it on demand.

1729347192367.png

1729347273899.png

Last edited:

Recent Posts