What bipod for hunting???

Each to their own! Whatever you do, don't load the bipod. When we try to muscle or control the rifle & not allow the gun to recoil naturally….accuracy goes to hell in a hand basket! I wouldn't know, only get paid to turn peoples hunting dreams into a reality. When we learn how to operate efficiently with less, our experiences in God's Country become that much more memorable & enjoyable. Good Luck 😎🤙🇺🇸

The past few years I have gone solely to tripods only for the weight savings in the mountains and the adaptability. Plus the buy once cry once as in I don't have to buy a bipod for the rifle and a tripod for my spotter. Just need an Acra mount on everything.

I do however still run Harris 6-9 on a few rifles.

If weight isn't a concern then I use my RPS on my Blaser with a spigot mount. This is the same one from the thlr.no blog. It wasn't cheap and it is pretty much an anchor in both the weight and ability to maintain shooting positions. Plus it expands I think almost to 18inchs yet keeps the rifle pretty low center of gravity. If this was lighter I would mount it on all my rifles somehow!!

In the end I'm now going back to tripods as even on the Blaser I'm toying how to mount an Acra plate on it without impacting the barrel swap abilities.

Still using the same bipod from the survey here several years ago…
Evolution Bipod with 8-11' legs. I carry 12' long switchable legs that extend to 16" that work well for sitting, and fit nicely in my daypack, for very stable sitting shots in high grass or snow……
'Boomstickin" …I don't load my bipod either for the same reason.

I have a Spartan and adapters for my rifles, tripods and binos, spotter etc.
Great system and I'm not a fan of bipods generally.
I did shoot my Antelope at 500yds this year with it so it's stable enough for sure.
I also have the Wiser Quick stix system on my trekking poles and the Arca adapter for that which can also take a Spartan adapter. Super light system all around.

Thunder beast makes a real nice bipod. I've had mine for a year or so and love it! Pretty expensive but buy once cry once! I use tripod for sitting or standing.

I've tried almost everything. I've always tried to stay lighter weight, with prone height bipods. But last season my buddy let me borrow is Hatch Outwest 27" bipod. It goes from prone to seated height. I ended up killing ALL of my animals in the seated position because of the terrain. That bipod is staying on my gun for the foreseeable future for sure. Super versatile.
I bought a hatch several years ago. I have had nothing but great experiences so far. I had to send the bipod in for service, snow got into the legs somehow. The customer service on the repair was fantastic.

I've used atlas for years without issues, but they are a little heavy. Tried the grnd pod last year and really liked it. I also like the looks of the new gen3 version of the rugged ridge or whatever the MOA guys are making. Revic looks to have a good looking bipod as well.

It seems like terrain, miles covered, vegetation, and weight are the factors for a person to have a preference. It's very subjective and an interesting topic. There are lots of ways to get to the end result but you have to ask yourself how practical is a prone position in your terrain? To me this is why some of us literally have every gizmo to choose from. I have atlas, harris, and the MDT. By far the MDT has been my favorite for a lower cost set up and is in the middle for weight. It's a pretty dang good bipod.

I personally go prone any chance I can but it's not practical in most hunting applications for me. So, I went with trekking poles and wiser mount to have a tool that has multiple uses. It's similar to the long leg bipod but serves other purposes as well:
PRO 1. Walking stick. 2. Rear support. 3. front support. 4. Tent poles. 5. Used to steady binos for glassing sessions.
CON Not useful for prone so you may need to consider your back pack for front rest etc. Needs some rear support to get ultra steady for long range precision.

What I do find interesting is how often I use my tripod. The CON here is that it is heavy compared to bipods and poles and isn't good for trekking. The pro is that can be used without rear support fairly well and can be used for prone. Not all tripod's are made equal is another problem for many people who have not messed with stuff like RRS and fiesol competition tripods. The base of the tripod is a huge part of the tripods stability. The larger that base, the more stabile it is going to be. Those tripods with a small base are going to be much less steady and they are really difficult to use for precision beyond 600. The legs and leg attachment point is also part of the strength and bigger carbon legs and beefy attachment points are important. All of this comes at a cost of weight and expense.

In the end the bipod will take the least of time to practice with to become a natural part of the rifle system. The poles and tripod will take practice to deploy quickly and often require a bit more thought about rear support. Just a few thoughts from a dude with a man cave full of gadgets I don't use any more.......

I did a search and looks like all the posts on this are several years old.

So what bipod do you recommend for hunting? Also what hight do you find most useful?

Please don't say just use your pack.
They are expensive as all heck, but I use the Spartan precision bipod. If you haven't heard of them, check them out. I used to use Harris, then switched to atlas, about 3-4 years ago I gave the Spartan a try and for me I haven't been happier with its magnetic attachment system. I have the gunsmith adapters epoxy bedded into the forend of my stock for the composite stocks, and use the sling mount for my pretty wood stocks.

Another for Hatch Out West. I cant recall last time took my rifle hunting without bipods. Almost all of my range time is off of bipods and they work pretty good, so practice to become efficient and it becomes second nature. Its surprising to me to watch someone struggle in hunting situations that happen quick where someone cant get on an animal because they don't have a steady rest. Back country hunts where someone is trying to cut weight I can understand but I personally will not leave it behind.