What’s your favorite big game hunt ?

So what is your absolute favorite big game hunt? The one that you tell everyone they MUST go on! Lets hear details; species, location, outfitter or DIY, successful or not, going back, etc.
I have been on a number of different hunts and want to start thinking about the next adventure
Any critters at Timber line, gorgeous country and the sound of elk bugling echoing with the pink and purple sky at sunrise! Quite a site to see a mountain goat in its setting at ease in its vertical home.
I have to say though I've been more excited about helping family and friends learn about this way of life. A big hug from my nephew with his first big game success
Is quite a trophy for me. Don't get me wrong, who wouldn't want a 400" Bull or 200" muley but a "love you Uncle Timmy"
is ranking pretty high with this old phart!

That and Alaskan Brown in the Alders.....should elevate your pulse rate a beat or two! memtb
And dirty your shorts!

Hands down, 800 lb turkey coming to call. Bull bugling inside 50 yds will send chills up and down your spine. The adrenaline rush is second to none except for for maybe Memtb's suggestion! Wish I could have experienced that but life moves on.

I too love 800 lb turkeys ! If those things were predatory on humans we'd be in trouble for sure . They can appear just mere feet away and never make any noise . The first gobbler I called in by myself came in and never made a sound while his buddy was gobbling to my left . I caught movement out of the corner of my eye very very close . That bird was within 5 feet of me when he just appeared from behind a big poplar tree and scared the crap out of both of us . While the one on the left was still gobbling his head off .

Even though dall sheep are on top of my list.....the shivers run down my spine every time I hear a tom gobble and head my way! If it's possible to get "buck fever" with turkeys....it happens to me just about every time! Someone mentioned pronghorn in the post above. Speed goats are also on top of my list since I was a kid growing up in Wyo! There's nothing like viewing sorting through hundreds of bucks searching for "the one"! Pronghorn will definitely test your stalking and trophy judging ability. It's hard to put your finger on just one species because each is so different and special!

So what is your absolute favorite big game hunt? The one that you tell everyone they MUST go on! Lets hear details; species, location, outfitter or DIY, successful or not, going back, etc.
I have been on a number of different hunts and want to start thinking about the next adventure
I am up tis hour(3:30am) most days. I must tell this story of best hunt. I went caribou hunting in NWT, canada in 1999 & 2001. @ that time it was cheaper than going to Quebec. any way we were on a narrow point of land on a lake shore. we glassed fom this point being able to see over a few miles. cows& small bulls were moving around my sight but nothing big. the guide (eskimo) was a village ranger when not inthis camp. he carried a old surplus .303 british bolt. now he has the spoting scope and says he sees some wolfs a long ways away. I look with 40x glasses. I say yes I see them. they are on a "bou" trail. they get closer I(eagle eye) I say no head to wide across the ears. so we have 3 grizzles comeing this way.they come to the shore but 250yrds. away. ranger-guide says we MUST stop her now!! we are roasting caribou ribs on a beach fire as we hunt. well tese bears start into the water. guide shoots to the water near them(2 cubs-150lb.) and sow. his gun jams on eject!! broken extractor!! he says"WE MUST STOP HER!!". she will get by us and charge to get meat & protect the cubs as we are on this point NOWHERE to go!! my partner that day has .270 win.. shoots but windy day made his gun very dim in noise! the bears are now standing up!! I am using my .300 weatherby w/brake. I now step infront of the group of us!! I hit 3ft to the sows right. she swepts the air! again I shoot & again to her & those cubs as the get to shore kickup rocks to scare the **** out of them and us!! the guide thanks me for this as I could have killed her easy but didnt want troubles or leaveing orfan cubs. guess we all had that scare as we stood 15yrds. from 10+ caribou passing by as we hid in a spuce tree line. this was not the end of the bears!! I watched the lake shore and as caribou circled the lake I saw the runnig thrue the trees along the far shores. they do this to keep from being attacked in cover! out in the open the see bear&wolfs before the attack!!but we were in a area with so spuce forest here &there. anyway I keep guard while munching on "GREAT" roasted ribs. know I see why the herds are running threw the trees! there is our 3 grizzles moving aroung the lakebut not chasein those herds.a while later I here a tree break behind me on a incline .trees move but only a flash of white/yellow bear hide in the spruce about 100yrds.away. story shortened is the bear was on a kill carcus/gut pile from last week before us I guess. scary but great fun also. the hunt was unbeliveable and you walk the shores with your rifle on your shoulder and cast spoons to lake trout. I caught 1 10+lb.!! many 3-6lb. for dinner!! so I went home (4500)mi.away with my 2 bulls. everyone(6 of us) got there trophys!! this was in the same base town as seen on TV. "Iceland Trucker" came to be in those Northern Lights area!! my life shall never forget those hunts& the native people. you and I have seen Jim Shocky on the hunts he made only 40 miles from where I was. those grizzles I saved I think were hybrid cross w/ polar bear. they were very light in color. so much to tell of what we have in north america. wish I could do it ! more time!! Let me kno If you want anymore info but my outfitter would be 82+ now. must keep your gun w/you when you go outside the cabin. the camp was raided by grizzlys before I arrived by float plane!! thanks for this web site to talk our talk!!!! Dskiper

I am up tis hour(3:30am) most days. I must tell this story of best hunt. I went caribou hunting in NWT, canada in 1999 & 2001. @ that time it was cheaper than going to Quebec. any way we were on a narrow point of land on a lake shore. we glassed fom this point being able to see over a few miles. cows& small bulls were moving around my sight but nothing big. the guide (eskimo) was a village ranger when not inthis camp. he carried a old surplus .303 british bolt. now he has the spoting scope and says he sees some wolfs a long ways away. I look with 40x glasses. I say yes I see them. they are on a "bou" trail. they get closer I(eagle eye) I say no head to wide across the ears. so we have 3 grizzles comeing this way.they come to the shore but 250yrds. away. ranger-guide says we MUST stop her now!! we are roasting caribou ribs on a beach fire as we hunt. well tese bears start into the water. guide shoots to the water near them(2 cubs-150lb.) and sow. his gun jams on eject!! broken extractor!! he says"WE MUST STOP HER!!". she will get by us and charge to get meat & protect the cubs as we are on this point NOWHERE to go!! my partner that day has .270 win.. shoots but windy day made his gun very dim in noise! the bears are now standing up!! I am using my .300 weatherby w/brake. I now step infront of the group of us!! I hit 3ft to the sows right. she swepts the air! again I shoot & again to her & those cubs as the get to shore kickup rocks to scare the **** out of them and us!! the guide thanks me for this as I could have killed her easy but didnt want troubles or leaveing orfan cubs. guess we all had that scare as we stood 15yrds. from 10+ caribou passing by as we hid in a spuce tree line. this was not the end of the bears!! I watched the lake shore and as caribou circled the lake I saw the runnig thrue the trees along the far shores. they do this to keep from being attacked in cover! out in the open the see bear&wolfs before the attack!!but we were in a area with so spuce forest here &there. anyway I keep guard while munching on "GREAT" roasted ribs. know I see why the herds are running threw the trees! there is our 3 grizzles moving aroung the lakebut not chasein those herds.a while later I here a tree break behind me on a incline .trees move but only a flash of white/yellow bear hide in the spruce about 100yrds.away. story shortened is the bear was on a kill carcus/gut pile from last week before us I guess. scary but great fun also. the hunt was unbeliveable and you walk the shores with your rifle on your shoulder and cast spoons to lake trout. I caught 1 10+lb.!! many 3-6lb. for dinner!! so I went home (4500)mi.away with my 2 bulls. everyone(6 of us) got there trophys!! this was in the same base town as seen on TV. "Iceland Trucker" came to be in those Northern Lights area!! my life shall never forget those hunts& the native people. you and I have seen Jim Shocky on the hunts he made only 40 miles from where I was. those grizzles I saved I think were hybrid cross w/ polar bear. they were very light in color. so much to tell of what we have in north america. wish I could do it ! more time!! Let me kno If you want anymore info but my outfitter would be 82+ now. must keep your gun w/you when you go outside the cabin. the camp was raided by grizzlys before I arrived by float plane!! thanks for this web site to talk our talk!!!! Dskiper
Great story sir. Thanks for sharing.

Caribou hunting in N Quebec, during 3rd week in August, along with a fishing license. You can get ptarmigan, brook or lake trout along with your caribou bulls as well as feast on wild blue and cloudberries. Do it european style where you pack your own chow in.