VX6 Illuminated Level

Tiny Tim

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you, or are you able to turn off the level function on the illuminated reticle of a Leupold VX 6.

I only use illumation during first and last half hour of light, but on the occasions that I'm in a tree stand, the blinking reticle drives me nuts. (Apparently I'm unable to constantly hold the rifle level 🙃)

Google search or go to leupold. Information is very easy to find.

Leveling the riflescope (All VX-6HD scopes are equipped with an Electronic Reticle Level)

1. Begin by leveling the rifle in a vice or steady rest.
  2. To activate the Electronic Reticle Level, press and hold the illumination button for fifteen seconds. The reticle will blink once at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds. After 15 seconds, the reticle will flash twice indicating the Electronic Level is ON. Release the button and press it again to turn ON the illumination. If you repeat the steps above, the reticle will flash 3 times indicating the Electronic Reticle Level is OFF.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you, or are you able to turn off the level function on the illuminated reticle of a Leupold VX 6.

I only use illumation during first and last half hour of light, but on the occasions that I'm in a tree stand, the blinking reticle drives me nuts. (Apparently I'm unable to constantly hold the rifle level 🙃)
My manual says 15 seconds.

Thanks all. It turns off as instructed. I tried last fall during the season and haven't messed with it since. I think the problem had to do with the cold temps, as last I used it, the button sticks when its cold. Doesn't always pop back out and I just unscrew the battery cover to turn it off.