VORTEX SUN SHADES

Beelzebub

Everyone loves VORTEX scopes. Even I do. have 3 or 4 of them and I know I have bought 3 for my son and daughter in law. They are great scopes. But here's my rub with them. They don't make a sun shade for their 56MM scopes. Their very best scopes and they don't make a shade for them. 44 and 50 they come with them. But you can't even buy one for their 56's.

Anyone know of one that matches their threads that can be procured?

thanks in advance,
Lee

If you are asking about the Strike Eagle, I would also like to know if there is another brand that will fit. It would be simple for Vortex to get these from the factory that makes them.

I went to their official web site and searched every where I thought might lead me to a 56 but nothing came up. I guess I could call them and ask them why they don't sell them. Maybe tomorrow.

Beez

We have (4) Razor Gen II & Gen III and each one came with Sunshades.

Try calling Vortex.
I just got off the phone with "Customer Care". They said a 3" shade should have been in the box, but didn't question me when I said mine didn't have one in it. They politely took my info and are sending me one tomorrow. That's the kind of service you should get from every international business in the world.

And NO, they don't sell them. That is strange to me though.

B

Last edited:
Try MK Machine if Vortex is unable to provide - MK makes 3D printed nylon sunshades made to order upon providing OD of scope objective. These snug fitting sunshades clamp on with one 15 torx screw. The MK Machine logo is printed on outside of black sunshade with OD diameter. Not as nice as a screw in sunshade & might prevent a real low mount but perfectly serviceable. Be prepared to wait a month or so. Cost about $40.