Shades of Grey

ADMIN

Administrator
My family have had a generations long interest in natural history, so from a very early age I was encouraged to observe things around me very carefully ... something that easily became a life-long passion. Much of our property here in Australia was light soil, difficult to make a good living from, but a wonderful canvas for learning to track different animals, though I am a novice compared with some of the old Indigenous Trackers. In this area of Australia there are an increasing number of feral dogs, cross-breds of all manner. They are not looked on with favour. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Shades of Grey, By Christopher Cameron. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Very well done. New Mexico is not unlike Australia in lot's of respects especially in regard to feral dogs and dog-coyote cross breeding on public lands and ranch country.

Great article. I tried killing feral dogs before. I had one in my cross hairs in Texas, but I could not pull the trigger. I let them go. Did the same thing with a coyote once. I guess I have a soft spot for K9s. Pigs are another story though....

Hello Deno, Sorry, have not checked the comments for a while.... Yes, Ian is Herb's son, we have been mates for many years, but have lived too far apart to do much hunting together sadly. having grown up in the bush and having seen the damage that pigs and dogs do to crops and livestock, we do not have much (any!) hesitation when we come across them, or the other two main native animal killers, feral foxes and cats.... It has been said fairly frequently that the best caliber for feral cats is whatever you are carrying at the time!!

Therefore most hunters learn how to start deer hunting from the advice of a family member, typically a father. If you are reading this, then you most likely were not fortunate enough to have somebody teach you how to start deer hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts