Vortex fury 5000 ab

bowhunter123456789

I have had my fury 5000 ab binoculars about 2 months now and the only way I can get them to give accurate dope is to adjust the fps up to match my drops . Am I missing something? How do I put in a correction factor for my scope? I would love to enter the correct velocity and have it be the correct solution.

That's the standard method for correcting the model. If your drops are correct don't worry about it. There's all kinds of things that could cause inaccurate results, and you have one knob to turn.

If you've tested your scope and know it's inaccurate and by how much you can use sight scale factor to correct it. You probably still won't get accurate results will your measured velocity.

Open app and follow my pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_5794.jpeg
    IMG_5794.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5795.jpeg
    IMG_5795.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5796.jpeg
    IMG_5796.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 68
I have had my fury 5000 ab binoculars about 2 months now and the only way I can get them to give accurate dope is to adjust the fps up to match my drops . Am I missing something? How do I put in a correction factor for my scope? I would love to enter the correct velocity and have it be the correct solution.
Make sure the BC you are using is valid. My dope was way off and I discovered some of the BCs in the ap's library were significantly off. Once I corrected them, the data has been spot on.

John

Just checked the Hornady website for the bullets that I use and the BC was off , but not a huge amount. One step closer to precision, I guess.
The BC isn't "off" per say. We test the bullets in our laboratory and the BC we provide is the real BC of the tested bullets. The BC on the box of ammo is a marketing BC that isn't really accurate for long shooting. You can read more about that here on Hornady's website: https://www.hornady.com/support/ballistic-coefficient

Make sure the BC you are using is valid. My dope was way off and I discovered some of the BCs in the ap's library were significantly off. Once I corrected them, the data has been spot on.

John
Were you using the (Applied Ballistics) AB Custom Curve Bullet Data from the library or the G1, G7 info? I haven't really tested mine since I bought them a few months ago, but I saw a video where it was recommended to use the AB bullet data. If that's off, I need to definitely look into it.

The BC isn't "off" per se. We test the bullets in our laboratory and the BC we provide is the real BC of the tested bullets. The BC on the box of ammo is a marketing BC that isn't really accurate for long shooting. You can read more about that here on Hornady's website: https://www.hornady.com/support/ballistic-coefficient
I only observed that when I modified the BC to match the data from the manufacturer, the ballistic solutions my Fury ABs became accurate. Before that, they were not.

John

Were you using the (Applied Ballistics) AB Custom Curve Bullet Data from the library or the G1, G7 info? I haven't really tested mine since I bought them a few months ago, but I saw a video where it was recommended to use the AB bullet data. If that's off, I need to definitely look into it.
I started with using the AB custom curve then went to a G7. Had better results with the G7 with the 88gr ELD and the 77gr TMK.

John

Used my Fury AB's on a 9 day whitetail hunt that consisted of open to semi-open country, down to low visibility creek bottoms. I was surprised how well they performed optically, as they got me to legal shooting light easily, and could identify and count points even in the creekbottoms at that time. I lasered hills, rocks, tanks out to 3800 yds, and it ranged deer, bushes, etc easily out past 1000 and never missed a reading. I was skeptical going into the hunt, but came away very well pleased. I also had my swaro SLC's which are quite a bit better optically, obviously.