Issue with vortex fury 5000 AB

My ABs did not line up with real world results at all until I edited the BCs in the library to match verified manufacture's BCs. Once using those, actual come ups match nearly perfectly.

For example, when I select the 77gr TMK as my bullet, the G7 from the AB library is listed as .191, causing me to hit several tenths high at 800 yards. Sierra list this bullet as having a .210 G7, and when I use that, the data provided by the AB binos is spot on.

John
One other thing guys hardly ever check is their scope turret adjustments (scope correction factor). Last week a buddy brought me a new $900 scope and asked me to mount & zero it, and run it out for drop data. Something wasn't right with it. Turned out the scope adjustments were off by almost 10%. One of the worst I've seen.

Thanks for the heads up I was hunting with my sons and my fury 500 AB was ranging wrong luckily theirs was right one was shooting down hill and the other was up hill both were around 400 yards and the fury was off by 40 yards both times l completly lost confidence it but on level ground its right on

One other thing guys hardly ever check is their scope turret adjustments (scope correction factor). Last week a buddy brought me a new $900 scope and asked me to mount & zero it, and run it out for drop data. Something wasn't right with it. Turned out the scope adjustments were off by almost 10%. One of the worst I've seen.
All my scopes get tall target tested. I've had extremely good results from the Bushnell Elite Tactical series; DMR2 Pro, LRTSi, LRHS, LRHSi and LRHS2.

John

I'm not sure what we fixed but they said that when your selecting your bc that when the selected bullet has an option of the AB custom curve to select that.
That's the only thing I changed when on phone with vortex. Now it lines up within 0.2 moa of my shooting apps. What I don't like about the custom curve is you don't get to see what BC they are using.

You don't see what BC they're using because it's a custom curve…..

It's an actual Doppler drag curve of that projectiles tested flight.
Not a generic model.

I had the intention of writing a whole thing about how BCs change across the flight and Mach and how custom curves were really cool floor limiting needing multiple BC profiles, but honestly, I stopped caring about the time I mentioned the Doppler.

Trust but verify…so they say. This is why it's important to know your equipment before heading out to the field.

I bought the Leica geovid binos with a rangefinder and no on-board ballistics computer to make life easier…for me anyways. Good glass with a great RF and a ballistics table for the particular DA and I'm ready to roll.

I'm not convinced the tech is quite there yet with the ballistics apps on-board the binos. I'm giving it a few years before I buy a pair.

Trust but verify…so they say. This is why it's important to know your equipment before heading out to the field.

I bought the Leica geovid binos with a rangefinder and no on-board ballistics computer to make life easier…for me anyways. Good glass with a great RF and a ballistics table for the particular DA and I'm ready to roll.

I'm not convinced the tech is quite there yet with the ballistics apps on-board the binos. I'm giving it a few years before I buy a pair.

I run the Eagle Ballistics app and get a BC for my firearm that it produces a BC for my guns
anything that is using AB like to sig 10 K or the vortex fury and it fixes it
Use real velocities your personal BC by using the Eagle Ballistics app to find it