Vortex crossfire II issue

Okstate1987

Hey all new member here. I've recently been trying to push my shots further. My budget isn't real high so I bought a couple of vortex crossfire II optics and both of them are maxed out on the adjustments and still shooting high and left. Any advice would help.

I would try the Burris Signature Zee rings. They have really nice plastic inserts that allow you to align the scope better without using a lot of the scopes internal windage and vertical adjustments to do it.
Sometimes the base mount screw holes, on to of the action, are not well aligned with the barrel. This can cause excessive use of the scopes internal adjustments to correct it. The Burris Signature Zee rings correct this. They also allow you to add extra MOA to the vertical adjustment, much in the same way as a 20 MOA rail does.
I like to use a little dusting of rosin, like baseball pitchers use, to help rings grip scopes, I do this on regular rings as well as the Signature rings.

Leupold on one the other I'm not sure what they were I had done that fit and put them on.
Most likely you don't have your rings and bases square that's why you're running outta adjustment.
Also you should save some money and get a better optic. The crossfire is cheap stuff. You can get a Sightron s-tac 4-20x50 with the MOA-2 reticle for around 400 dollars. It has 80moa of adjustment and tracks good. If you're thinking of staying with vortex don't buy anything less than the viper line.
Also you should be able to find some decent deals here on the classifieds.

When sports authority went out of business I bought a couple crossfire scopes. Man they are absolute poop. Go look through some $1000+ scopes and you will want to buy one ASAP.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.