Vortex Crossfire II Scope question. PLEASE VIEW

MNCoyote

So I bought a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 with dead hold BDC reticle. I am going to sigh it in first at 100 yards and then adjust by the drop from 100 to 200yrds up. After that then make sure its hitting at 200 yards. My question is .... since it has reset turrets what number should i put as the "zero" for the scope being that the 100 yrd zero is to set the reset at the number "0" so would 200 yrds be set at "1" then? Also, FYI, I am using a Remington 700 sps varmint in .223 Rem. Sighting in originally with lesser & bellot 55gr. and then fine tuning it with my primary coyote round which is Hornady V-Max 55gr. Any information would be much appreciated.:)

So I bought a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 with dead hold BDC reticle. I am going to sigh it in first at 100 yards and then adjust by the drop from 100 to 200yrds up. After that then make sure its hitting at 200 yards. My question is .... since it has reset turrets what number should i put as the "zero" for the scope being that the 100 yrd zero is to set the reset at the number "0" so would 200 yrds be set at "1" then? Also, FYI, I am using a Remington 700 sps varmint in .223 Rem. Sighting in originally with lesser & bellot 55gr. and then fine tuning it with my primary coyote round which is Hornady V-Max 55gr. Any information would be much appreciated.:)
Read the instructions that came with your scope. If you didn't get the paperwork I'm sure you ca get it from their site.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts