Visited Brownells for 1st time

rogerstv

In Iowa for work. Quick www search and discovered I am near Brownells. They had several bricks of CCI Mag SR primers. I grabbed a brick as I rarely pass up primers anymore. An employee said they recently had a pallet of pistol primers that lasted a week or so. The retail store is smaller than I envisioned. Worth a visit.

Stopped at Bass Pro. Going to Scheels today.

I will be moving to the Des Moines area in a few months. All shooting range and public land access suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

In Iowa for work. Quick www search and discovered I am near Brownells. They had several bricks of CCI Mag SR primers. I grabbed a brick as I rarely pass up primers anymore. An employee said they recently had a pallet of pistol primers that lasted a week or so. The retail store is smaller than I envisioned. Worth a visit.

I will be moving to the Des Moines area in a few months. All shooting range and public land access suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Scheel's in Dallas was very disappointing on reloading components! I was severely bummed out! Bruno's is a joke on powder prices and just as bad on primers! MidwayUSA and Midsouth Shooters have been the better priced on powders.

Bruno's is a joke on powder prices and just as bad on primers!
Yeah, but their deal is you can buy powder in sealed boxes, 20k primer lots, etc. They cater to something different than the guys buying a pound at a time off the shelf, more along the lines of guys who need to secure a season's worth of stuff, want it all to match, and if the price for that is $50 so be it.

Welcome to Iowa. Here are a few places I'm familiar with in the Des Moines area… Sportsman Warehouse and Fleet Farm in Ankeny. Jacobson's Gun Center in Story City.

The Boone Valley Ike's range a hour north of Des Moines is a first class handgun, trap, and rifle range (100 and 200 yards). It has an active Bench Rest group that hosts State and National Bench Rest competitions and has state and national champs among its membership. The trap range is enjoyed by organized teams from area High Schools and has a weekly Open Trap Shoot. The web site is [email protected]

Please pm me if needed.

Duane