1st Time Reloader: Long Range Hunting Load -- 200gr Nosler Accubond, Help?

In my opinion for 300 wm with 1:8 you have to chose up to 215 gr
200 gr will not be so acurate because its reccomended for 1:11

The 200AB will be fine from your 1:8 rifle. I've used them in my 300WM with stellar accuracy and always lethal results. They don't fly like the Bergers at distance but are more reliable on game IMHO.
Just like you, although I love the idea of having a 1200yd capable bullet in the 215, most of my shots in reality are between 75 and 300yds. this makes the AB a more sensible option for me.
Check out the Hodgden site for data using H1000.

I have a remington 700 police in cal 300 wm
With 1:10 twist
For mine i have to use 212 - 215 gr
Now i have only hornady eld m 208 gr
And H1000
I did try some reloaded bullets but have no time to finish the final reloaded formula
With 150 gr i was get 1000 m/s and even more .
With nosler bt , hornady gmx and los ht
Vhitavuori n160 powder 74,5 gr

From other i understand 200 gr work good in 300 win mag with 1:11
But you have to try
If you have in plan to go to long distance heaviest bullets are batter
And for you i think work good berger 225 gr
But as i told you
You have to try

With hornady gmx 150 gr
I did put 3 bullets in almost the same hole in 100 meters
I am in europe and i use our mesure

...What are the thoughts on 200gr Nosler Accubonds for the 0-600 yard range on game? Any other bullet recommendations or loads?...

24" Shilen select barrel, Sig brass (on the heavy side). Fed 210 match primers. 76-77 gr H1000 runs right around 2900 fps ± 30 fps.

I've had 1 MOA or better accuracy out to 400 yds which, for my rifle and minimal load work up, is more than acceptable.

In my experience, the B.C.s for all the NABs I've used are inflated substantially. I've calculated it several times for the 200 gr with LabRadar data from 100-200 yds (NABs track really well). I'm getting ~0.550 fairly consistently, which also seems to match up with observed drops.

In my rifle, with the above speed and B.C., the 200 gr NAB has "comfortable" killing power at 600 yds, with ~2000 fps and ~1800 ftlbs. Because the NAB is a "tough" bullet, I want minimum impact velocities to be a little higher than I would for other "traditional" constructions, even if using on smaller critters that don't warrant 1800 ftlbs of energy.

Hello all,

I have been talking with a few folks on another one of my threads about bullet choices for my X-Bolt in 300WM, 1:8 twist. I hunt black bear, mulies and elk, and would like good bullet performance on game from 0-600 yards, maybe further on steel for fun.

What are the thoughts on 200gr Nosler Accubonds for the 0-600 yard range on game? Any other bullet recommendations or loads?

I was recommended the 215 Berger Hybrid, however, I am not a designated long-range hunter and have ample opportunity for shots at 50 yards on out to 600-700 yards and don't feel comfortable using a target bullet on game.

Thank you all in advance!

I have a 200gr. ELD-M load I've worked up for my 300 R.U.M. ,. It's a load that's hard to beat ...

Have taken many African big game animals with my 300WSM utilizing my handloaded 180 grain Accubonds. Longest shot was 300 yards plus on a black Wildebeast. The performance was lethal and not one animal ran more than 50 yds. after being hit. I United NZ with same rig and took red stag, t@hr and arapawa sheep at beyond 350 yds. All one and done. Therefore, you might want to consider the 180 grain Accubond.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.